Monday, March 31, 2008

2008 Baseball Preview


After correctly picking the Boston Red Sox to win the World Series in my preview a year ago, I figure to keep the streak alive this year. This is a very big year for baseball lieu of the Mitchell Report. Right now there is a black eye in baseball and this year is the start of it's rehabilitation. I am more excited that baseball is really kicking off today, on my day off, more than I was two weeks earlier. But, after seeing the Red Sox and Oakland A's last week, and seeing the Atlanta Braves play a team I saw this Spring Training in the Washington Nationals, I'm really starting to get pumped. I don't know if any of you still get Sports Illustrated, I really have no choice, but they had a great cover on it this week in it's baseball preview with the draft class of 2005. Amazing! Ryan Braun, Justin Upton, Troy Tulowitzki, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Ryan Zimmerman just to name a few. They are calling it the best draft class in the history of the MLB Draft drawing comparisons to the 1985 Draft which had Barry Bonds, Barry Larkin, Rafael Palmeiro, Will Clark, and B.J. Surhoff. There is a ton of amazing young talent in the Majors and it is up to them to get baseball to ice down their eye. Enjoy the picks and the upcoming season.

AMERICAN LEAGUE
east
1. Boston Red Sox -
2. New York Yankees 3
3. Tampa Bay Rays 9
4. Toronto Blue Jays 11
5. Baltimore Orioles 30

central
1. Detroit Tiger -
2. Cleveland Indians 1
3. Chicago White Sox 12
4. Kansas City Royals 19
5. Minnesota Twins 25

west
1. Seattle Mariners -
2. Los Angeles Angels 2
3. Oakland Athletics 10
4. Texas Rangers 15

NATIONAL LEAGUE
east
1. New York Mets -
2. Philadephia Phillies 3
3. Atlanta Braves 5
4. Washington Nationals 16
5. Florida Marlins 19

central
1. Chicago Cubs -
2. Cincinnati Reds 4
3. Milwaukee Brewers 6
4. Houston Astros 9
5. St. Louis Cardinals 15
6. Pittsburgh Pirates 19

west
1. Arizona Diamondbacks -
2. Colorado Rockies 2
3. Los Angeles Dodgers 5
4. San Diego Padres 8
5. San Francisco Giants 17


Boston vs. Seattle
Detroit vs. New York


New York vs. Chicago
Arizona vs. Philadelphia


Boston vs. Detroit
Chicago vs. Arizona

Boston vs. Chicago

World Series Champ
Boston Red Sox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not doubt that we could see the Soxs in the playoffs once again. And all I've heard leaves me to believe that the Cubs are going to have a great season.

But, the whole thought of these two teams meeting up at the World Series is just pure fantasy to me.

1918

Shorty said...

Chill Will...I got five syllables for ya...

K Fukudome

Anonymous said...

Shorty,
It killed me when Chad took him for you. I wanted to tell everyone you will be playing at the Fuk-u-dome.