Thursday, March 20, 2008

South Bracket


It's early and the day couldn't start off any worse, with the NCAA Tournament starting today I am going to have to miss the games starting at noon for the first time in a few years but I guess it could be a good day after 3:23 since I have the day off tomorrow. Like my buddy over at Badchoicemilk, I agree that this could be a very boring bracket, but this also could be a very interesting bracket with no clear cut favorite at all in my opinion. Memphis who is the top seed should have a chip on their shoulders throughout the tournament and should have a nice easy ride to the sweet sixteen. Again, I like the 4 and 5 seeds to advance without a problem with my favorite team to watch at this moment Pittsburgh, to beat Michigan State and move on. In the lower part of the bracket I like all the tops seeds to advance through the first round as well as the next round with the top seeds in Stanford and Texas. On both of the sheets I did I have the safe Sweet Sixteen matchups with different outcomes on both, this is how tossed up I am in this region. So, with my main bracket that I sent in to Shorty, I have Pitt upseting Memphis and Texas moving past Stanford. After I already did the bracket I thought about it a little more but I really didn't want to change it. But, if it comes up Texas vs. Stanford really comes up, how can I honestly pick Texas to beat them. Stanford is so tough in the front court with the Lopez twins so if I screwed up my bracket in any way that I might regret it this is where it is. That being said I put Texas through to the Final Four. Haha! Man, you can only imagine how good this team would be with Kevin Durant on this team. So to recap, I have UCLA and Texas, and Tennessee and Wisconsin in the Final Four. I have to get ready for work but I am sure that not much will get down with Madness on my mind. Final Four predictions coming later this afternoon, don't worried I already made them.

No comments: