Monday, March 17, 2008

East Bracket

With St. Patrick's Day today, I get to enjoy a nice day off from work and sit around the house drinking Irish beer all day and doing some random picks on my NCAA Bracket sheet. Like my fellow blogger over at Badchoicemilk I will be doing my regional picks online since most of the people that I work with don't even follow college basketball so someone running a Bracket Pool is totally out of the question. With the East Bracket I am hearing and reading more and more experts saying this is the most competitive bracket, I am not seeing it. The East was the easiest to fill out for me the only problem I had was when I got to the Elite Eight game. I gotta say this I am really not thrilled with the committee putting Washington State as a 4 seed, as well as screwing Tennessee over and putting Butler at a 7 seed. Since you can barely see my picks above here is the rundown. I really don't feel the UNC will have any problems this first weekend. Arkansas is all done after their run in the SEC tournament so I got Indiana beating them pretty convincingly. George Mason will not be a Cinderella this year playing Notre Dame, and I really like Winthrop to beat Washington St, both teams matchup very well. Louisville will get by Boise St. then St. Josephs to advance to the Sweet Sixteen. It would be easy for me to put my upset special during the Butler/Tennesse matchup in the second round but I will stay with the favorite. Three out of the 4 teams I picked to go to the Final Four before the season started are in the East bracket with UNC, Tennessee, and Washington St. While I like the way the Tarheels have been playing I am going to go with my sexy pick at the beginning of the year and put Tennessee having the toughest road and get to the Final Four by beating Louisville then UNC in one weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UNC, the overall number 1 seed has the toughest road to the final four than any top eight team. Although having perspectively home games they still have to beat Indiana, Notre Dame, and Tennessee to get there....yikes...only to play Kansas then Memphis if they progress. If they accomplish this task there is no doubt they are truly National Champions, but I'm with you Den, I think they will be have to play some tough games leading up to Tennessee and get beat there.