Tuesday, March 18, 2008

West Bracket


Today I attempt to dive right in to the West Region where I consider as the most competitive region of the tournament. The seeds from 1 to 14 are so good in their own sort of way, there are teams that are very hot at the right time, and some teams that can get really hot at any time. The lower part of this bracket any one can win in my opinion. I really breezed through the first round with my picks but the most intriguing games in my book are the ones that are in my home state in which I have been trying to get tickets for. And wouldn't you know it that UCONN has to be in Tampa when I want to finally to see a NCAA Tournament game, so that means I will wait til next year to see a first round game because I will not waste my time to see the Huskies. I really do like their match up with San Diego and the Drake/Western Kentucky game has a nice battle of mid-major schools. I chose to pick Drake and UCONN to advance but I really wouldn't be shocked if the 12 and 13 seeds advanced instead. The match ups to get to the Sweet Sixteen was my favorite to pick. Every year I always pick a upset bracket, and this years was the West. I got Purdue and West Virginia advancing against Xavier and Duke with disciplined Drake team beating an undisciplined UCONN team. As far as UCLA is concerned they will be tested against Drake (or UCONN) but other than that they are in my opinion the best "team" in the field and will go on to the Final Four without a problem.

2 comments:

Shorty said...

"Breaking News: Terrelle Pryor agrees to pee on Michigan University for the forseeable future!"

Sorry Deez...gotta be a tough day for you...

hahahahahahahha

Anonymous said...

I regret saying this, but as soon as I saw West Virginia I was concerned about Duke making the sweet sixteen. I have WV advancing as well because after watching Duke I don't care how many weapons they have...I think they are really banged up. Henderson's wrist needs surgery, he couldn't even hold up his arm against Clemson. Paulus' knee is bum and all he can do is shoot threes. I think Singler is exhausted from his first Duke season. And as much as I hate UCONN I think they have final four potential especially in this brackett.