Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fantasy Baseball Preview


Well it's that time of year and even though I am a little early, I figure that I would be the nice guy that I am and help out my fellow fantasy baseball general managers and give my little preview. I do have a draft this Sunday night so this week I really have been crunching the numbers and talking to my Dad about the possible top prospects that we might see this year. I will not be giving all of my secrets so to say that this is going to be simple is an understatement. Basically I will be giving you my Studs/Duds/and Sleepers for each position with the outfielders getting 3 each. For those of you that are in the same fantasy leagues as me well, your welcome! And by some chance you finish ahead of me this year, I don't want money nor do I want your respect...all I want is a thank you and that is all! On to the fantasy baseball preview!!!

catcher
STUD- Victor Martinez...Will be listed as a catcher but will play first which will help his numbers.
DUD- Paul Lo Duca...Has been missing almost the whole spring training, this guy is all done.
SLEEPER- Geovany Soto...This kid is really a star in the making. All-Star in a year or less.

1st base
STUD- Ryan Howard...The best young kid in the game and plays in HR friendly Philly.
DUD- Dmitri Young...Depth on the Nationals roster hurts, but so does his box this offseason.
SLEEPER- Nick Swisher...New team with a better lineup, not much better but better.

2nd base
STUD- Chase Utley...not really that difficult to figure this out, best keeper in all FBLs.
DUD- Jeff Kent...Never liked him, but this year I really feel his stats falling to the basement.
SLEEPER- Howie Kendrick...With a year under his belt this kid has way to much potential.

3rd base
STUD- Alex Rodriguez...Not hard. Also really love Miguel Cabrera and David Wright this year.
DUD- Chipper Jones...So he might have a descent year, but I think it will be a huge injury year.
SLEEPER- Troy Glaus...Batting behind Pujols will help. Mitchell report redemption year!

shortstop
STUD- Jose Reyes...He does everything statistically except helping in the WHIP category.
DUD- Julio Lugo...I can't stand this guy and his stats won't be better this season either.
SLEEPER- Edgar Renteria...No matter where he hits in this lineup this year, the numbers will be there.

outfield
STUD- Matt Holliday...Best outfielder in the game, good thing that defense doesn't count.
STUD- Carl Crawford...The nation will really get to know this kid once he leaves Tampa.
STUD- Alfonso Soriano...Is a consistent 30/20 man with the potential for 40/40.
DUD- Hideki Matsui...Trust me the guy only hits doubles, and I think the 162 GS is taking its toll.
DUD- Jose Guillen...Leaves a good thing in Seattle to go to Kansas City, not buying him.
DUD- Mike Cameron...You might think that he can regenerate his career now in MIL, you are wrong.
SLEEPER- Adam Dunn...Power hitting with a nice lineup in front of him in a contract year.
SLEEPER- Delmon Young...Will prove to everyone that he is going to be a stud in the making.
SLEEPER- Manny Ramirez...Ok, hear me out. Hasn't been the same guy the last 2 years, but this year he'll finish as a top 5 outfielder.

starting pitcher
STUD- Jake Peavy...You know what your going to get out of this guy year after year.
DUD- Rich Harden...As the ace of the staff will have a frustrating year with no run support.
SLEEPER- Francisco Liriano...You'll be taking a chance if you pick him early, but he worth it late.

closer
STUD- Jonathan Papelbon...Will be out there for the 9th at least 3 times a week no matter the score.
DUD- Rafael Soriano...The Braves will give him two weeks, if he not there yet he'll be demoted.
SLEEPER- B.J. Ryan...Back throwing gas this spring training, faster recovery then once thought.

No comments: