Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Midwest Bracket


Today we get right into the Midwest Region where the first round matchups are the talks of the tournament, and we haven't even started yet. Everyone and their mothers are talking about the big game between two freshman phenoms in O.J. Mayo and the 6th seeded USC Trojans squaring off against Michael Beasley and eleven seeded Kansas State. This is really a must see tv game that has all the makings of a barn burner. Another game in the region that people including myself are saying is a must see is 7th seeded Gonzaga and 10th seed Davidson. Davidson and Drake are probably the best shooting teams in this tournament. In both of these games I am picking the upset, if you can call it that. You also have a game where in my opinion the seeds are thrown out the window with the Clemson/Villanova game. I am picking Clemson in this game for their physicality but I honestly wouldn't be shocked in the least if all the teams thus far I picked to lose go to the Sweet Sixteen, that's right I said Sweet Sixteen! The rest of my sweet sixteen teams are Kansas beating Kent State, Vanderbilt advancing against Clemson, and 3 seed Wisconsin and 2 seeded Georgetown to face off in the round of 16. Kansas and Wisconsin are playing the best ball right now and I like both of them to go at for the Final Four birth. As much as I think that Kansas has been the more dominating team in the nation for the past month, something tells me that Wisconsin's defense and offensive style is going to really frustrate every team they play, so I am going out on a limb and picking the Badgers to be Final Four bound.

No comments: