Thursday, April 3, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


This has been a pretty tiring week for me this week and I have had no urge to write at all. But, today my silence will go no further. Here's just a couple of things that I was thinking about today.


Chris Henry...HAHAHA! Enjoy your year off buddy! not only that but you just got released by a team that really showed you a ton of faith and you just slapped them right in the face. I think that it is time for you to start hanging out with people your own age. First giving minors alcohol, then hitting an eighteen year old, what's next...I don't even want to write what I am thinking!


The new NFL rules have been set for next year and honestly am I pretty happy with all of them. First and probably the most controversial is the elimination of force out decisions on sideline catches. As much as this will hurt our fantasy wide receivers, I really like the rule change. Not only does this give the sideline referee less of a change to blow a game decision, but finally defensive players in the secondary get a rule in their favor. And I am all for that. Instant replay for field goals has been implemented which I really had no idea that you couldn't take a look at before. Also, the five yard facemask penalty has been banished which I am also fine with, my only concern though is the unintentional grab...so you mean that that won't be a 15 yard penalty, I doubt it! Another rule that not many people on the news today were talking about was the direct snap from the center that goes backward will now be treated as a fumble, which was a false start before. So, all in all I am in total favor for what the NFL did with it's rule changing. The only thing I thought was weird was that there was no proposal for the icing the kicker rule that was totally out of hand on numerous occasions.


Memphis back up point guard, Andre Allen, will be missing the Final Four for violating team rules. Some reports I have heard that were leaked was that he failed a drug test. Nice going Allen, your a senior, and you have lost in the Elite Eight twice in two years. I'm sure that this won't bother you the rest of your life. Idiot!


With two weeks left in the NBA season, not a single Western Conference team has clinched a playoff spot yet. Unbelievable! I still haven't really gotten into the NBA season yet, but next week I should probably stay tuned for it cause it looks like this is going to be one if not the best finish to a NBA regular season ever. I did see T.J. Ford and the Toronto Raptors get absolutely jobbed by the shumk at the time clock in Atlanta though.


Major League Baseball investigators cornered Jose Canseco in a NY bookstore bathroom, enough said there.


The Final Four is going to be one of the highest watched Final Fours in the history of the game. Even though my sheet went to pieces I am thoroughly excited for Saturday night, with any of the four teams having a serious chance of the NCAA title.


Why are people in the press being so down on Matt Leinart for partying it up with hot chicks at his house? If I was a Heisman winning quarterback at USC, was drafted in the 1st round in the NFL Draft, am a 24 year old, 6'5'', good looking man living in mansion in Arizona. I will party and bring any piece of tail I want to at my house for a party during the off season. Don't be jealous of my skills!!!


Finally, a student from a Middle School in Bristol, CT was struck in the head by a red-tailed hawk while she was with classmates touring Fenway Park. Obviously she had a Coco Crisp t-shirt on, and somebody (or something) from Boston finally stepped up and showed their opinion of Crisp...in a violent sort of way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that finds a striking resemblance between Matt Leinart in this picture and Adam Jaworski?
-Mif

Anonymous said...

That's a great call Mif

Anonymous said...

I heard Chris Henry's Agent already got a call from Jerry Jones. He had mentioned in the phone call that he needed another asshole to offset TO. Unfortunately, there will be some truth to that. Some team will pick up Henry in a year or 8 weeks into the season. Also, this guy Allen must be one of the smarter fellas for Memphis. This year is probably the only legit shot that he'll have to win a championship or be apart of something special and he blew it. Hey, you never know,he might be the missing piece to the upcoming super team out of East Bumfuck, Yugoslavia.

deez said...

great call mif!!!