Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


With my first trip to Las Vegas quickly approaching (leaving tomorrow morning), I figure I have some time this morning to give you all some random thoughts on the past week before I take some time off for myself. Enjoy!


First things first, even though they lost to the Baltimore Orioles last night which bounced them from first place in the AL East, my Tampa Bay Rays will be here to stay all year. That's right I said MY! I have jumped hard on the bandwagon and I am here to stay! Bought myself a Rays hat and all this past weekend. How can I not jump on? I had the choice to watch them or the Florida Marlins last year when I moved down here and I chose the Rays only because of how young and exciting their farm system was getting. Now this year the team is in full bloom and for once they have a good team that could compete all year, how can I not rout for them. Getting a chance to watch Carl Crawford, who has been a Tampa Bay lifer, finally on a contender and show the country who he really is is pretty awesome. Not to mention their great starting pitching staff that is only going to get better with Scott Kazmir coming back this week and the longer this young staff pitches this year the more experience will be gained. So yes, I am now a Rays fan...how can I not?


Larry Brown is back coaching where his professional coaching career began in North Carolina. Good for Larry! If you love something so much that you can't stay away from it, who are we to disagree with his decision to come back. He has made each team better that he has coached with the exception of one. Guess!


The Phoenix Suns and Dallas Mavericks were eliminated from the NBA Playoffs last night. And honestly did we really think that they were going to get through their series with the San Antionio Spurs and New Orleans Hornets respectively? Especially after game 1? Not me! As boring as the Spurs are and as young as the Hornets are they were just the better teams. Their next round matchup should be very interesting especially after splitting the season series 2-2 during the year.


Mel Kiper gave the Washington Redskins a B+ for their draft grade after the day 2 of the NFL Draft. I could argue against how high that grade is but why would I bother? Kiper has just finished his 30th year analyzing the NFL Draft. Thirty years! I was absolutely in awe of this guy on the second day of the draft. The way he talks about players I have never heard of into the camera without looking at his notes is amazing to me. All I am asking Mel is 10 more years of NFL Draft coverage and hopefully your hair stays the same.


Defensive End Jason Taylor of the Miami Dolphins and his boss Bill Parcells are said to be feuding this week. I don't mind this at all, especially because I believe this all stems from Taylor still advancing in Dances with the Stars. I just hope that this ends with Taylor becoming a Dancing Redskin!


Finally I would like my readers to give me numbers that are special to them before I leave. For I will be sitting my ass on the roulette wheel in Las Vegas for hours and I would like to come back to Florida a winner. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Legend of "The Las Vegas Night Train" will live forever! Had a blast - Good Seein ya Deez