Thursday, April 17, 2008

I am Not Much For American Idol but...

something has to be said for this David Cook character. I have never, and I mean never, have watched this much American Idol before. Why you ask? I haven't got a clue. Maybe it was the writer's strike early on. Maybe it was the lack of entertainment on Tuesday nights. Maybe it was the talented contestants this year. From what I have read in USA Today if you were to pick a year to start watching this highly rated show, I picked the right one. Now, that being said, I have to throw this out there so all of you don't think of me in a way that would damage my character. Even though I might have thrown it out the window after writing this. I am going to say this once, I DON'T VOTE for the contestants. Good, now I feel better. Let me get right to this Cook kid. I am not much for finding or getting a feel for talented music artists, but this guy is incredible. Cook is far and away a recording artist in the making and if he doesn't win this contest then American Idol got me for one year and one year only, even though the best part of this show are the fruit loops at the beginning of the season that make absolute fools of themselves. This past week Cook did his own version of Mariah Carey's, "You Always Be My Baby". Which was pretty outstanding, but my favorite of his remakes is below.

No comments: