Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Deez' Mock Draft


So who is it going to be? Offensive tackle Jake Long signed a 5 year deal with the Miami Dolphins yesterday 4 days before the draft making him the top pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. So at least I can say that I have seen the number 1 pick of a draft before he got drafted. This might be the only sure thing that we will see or get word of until 3:00 pm Saturday. Kansas City shocked everyone including myself by trading their franchise player DE Jared Allen to the Minnesota for the Vikings 17th pick overall. Allen who led the league in sacks last season is only 26 and in the prime of his career, what the Chiefs were thinking I have no idea. But, it really screwed up my mock draft so I had to re due it because I think that it is pretty obvious what the Chiefs plan on doing now, as they have 6 of the first 82 picks. I do believe that there will be tons of trades Saturday or maybe before hand. I like Baltimore to trade down if Matt Ryan doesn't fall. I also like Carolina looking to trade up as well as Seattle to get a running back after the release of Shaun Alexander. Being a Washington Redskin fan I am really lost for words on what and who the Redskins should be doing with their 1st pick. I am pretty confident though that, like I mentioned yesterday, they were too quiet this off season so I am expecting fireworks this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the wide receivers that I had get pick in the 1st round, fall in the draft to offensive lineman. The offensive line is very slim this year so expect the top ones to go earlier than usual. On to my mock draft!

1. Miami - Jake Long OT Michigan

2. St. Louis - Chris Long DE Virginia

3. Atlanta - Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

4. Oakland - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas

5. Kansas City - Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

6. NY Jets - Matt Ryan QB Boston College

7. New England - Leodis McKelvin CB Troy State

8. Baltimore - Ryan Clady OT Boise State

9. Cincinnati - Sedrick Ellis DT USC

10. New Orleans - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn. St.

11. Buffalo - Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma

12. Denver - Keith Rivers LB USC

13. Carolina - Derrick Harvey DE Florida

14. Chicago - Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

15. Detroit - Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

16. Arizona - Aqib Talib CB Kansas

17. Kansas City - Branden Albert OG Virginia

18. Houston - Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

19. Philadelphia - Devin Thomas WR Michigan State

20. Tampa Bay - Limas Sweed WR Texas

21. Washington - Phillip Merling DE Clemson

22. Dallas - Felix Jones RB Arkansas

23. Pittsburgh - Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

24. Tennessee - DeSean Jackson WR California

25. Seattle - Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

26. Jacksonville - Calais Campbell DE Miami

27. San Diego - Kentwan Balmer DT UNC

28. Dallas - Early Doucet WR LSU

29. San Francisco - Jerod Mayo OLB Tennessee

30. Green Bay - Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech

31. oops

32. NY Giants - Dan Connor OLB Penn State

No comments: