Monday, July 13, 2009

Movies Released 20 Years Ago


Summer is usually the season full of newly released films hitting the theatres. After reading an article this week about the 20th Anniversary of Field of Dreams, I began to realize how old I am getting. Are you kidding me? Twenty years ago Field of Dreams came out. The first movie that actually made me cry, came out that long ago. Certainly doesn't feel that long. And being the curious guy that I am, I went and found the films that were released back in 1989. Get ready to feel old as I list a couple handfuls of popular films that came out 20 years ago. Enjoy!



Field of Dreams

Batman

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Back to the Future 2

Driving Miss Daisy

Major League

Pet Sematary

Born on the 4th of July

Ghostbusters 2

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The Abyss

Harlem Nights

Weekend at Bernies

Look Who's Talking

Lethal Weapon 2

When Harry Met Sally

Glory

Jacknife

Twister

Dead Poets Society

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Little Mermaid

3 comments:

Chillwill said...

89' must have been a good year...two of those movies are in my top 10. Also, Deez when you are referring to twister, you're not referring to the same movie with Paxton and Hunt are you? I think that movie was 95'.

Anonymous said...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096321/

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks