Saturday, July 4, 2009

Coke Zero 400


Today I am going to make a 30 minute ride or so to Daytona Beach. I will be blogging about my experience tonight later on during the Holiday weekend. Not being a NASCAR fan is fun because I get to watch people get really into a sport in which cars go around in a circle for hours and you sit and hope that somebody gets into an accident. But, in the local newspaper this week reading about the upcoming race I got a real sense on how much Daytona International Speedway is the host of some of the greatest races, finishes, and filled with enormous tradition. The first time I went to watch a race, the Winn Dixie 250, it was less than a trill for me with only a few of the top racers racing in the Nationwide series, all I did was drink heavily and hope for a crash that never did come. Tonight, is one of the few races that is under the lights for the Sprint Cup Series (which I just know as the big names series) and from what I understand this is a huge race for the racers at the top of the points standings. I will be doing my rooting tonight for Tony Stewart and Joe Gibbs' driver, and Middletown's own, 19-year-old Joey Logano. Hopefully I am very entertained with lots of crashes fueled by lots of alcohol.

No comments: