Friday, July 10, 2009

I am Sure That You Have Heard of...


the Olympics. You probably also heard of the Special Olympics, World Games, and even the Nutmeg Games. But, have you ever heard of the Summer Redneck Games? Before I sign off for the day because of an exhausting work week that has not ended yet I wanted to let you all know about what these true southern folk do in East Dublin, Georgia the second weekend of every July. These country folk will be competing in events that only a true redneck can even think of. I'm talking a redneck horseshoes tournament, the watermelon seed spitting competition, a mudpit belly flop competition, armpit song performances, and of course the bobbin' for pigs feet competition can't be forgotten. You have to check out this website. You think that I might be pulling your chain, but you have to check this out. I'd say that this is unbelievable, but being here in the south for two and half years now...I am not in the least bit surprised about this event!

1 comment:

Pitbull said...

Cute!