Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


I know that I usually write my Random Thoughts on Wednesdays but yesterday was a busy day and I knew that I had time to vent today on the world. Without delay...


I still cannot believe that "my" Chicago Bulls won the NBA Lottery on Tuesday night. If I was the Bulls you couldn't ask to be in a better situation. Derrick Rose or Michael Beasley? I really don't think that they could go wrong either way but if I was Mr. Paxson I am going with the 6'4'' point guard from Memphis.


Kobe Bryant brought the Lakers back in last night's Western Conference Final while I was out cold in my bed. Sorry west coast, there is no reason why the game couldn't start at 8:00...NO REASON! Like I told you in yesterday's blog the Spurs were going to be a tired team and from what I heard on the radio, and on PTI today they were exactly that. I know that this still a long series but that loss had to hurt for San Antonio. Not to mention a stat that I heard today...Phil Jackson is 40-0 in playoffs series where he has won game 1. How about that?


After watching the Celtics/Pistons game the other night I really don't think that Chancey Billips is healthy. His turnovers, shooting, and drives to the hole didn't look like the same guy I have been so use to seeing in the playoffs. I hope that he gets better for the Pistons' sake, but not for mine!


I recently watched the extended version of American Gangster and it was worth it. Why on earth this version wasn't in theatres is beyond me. The extended version was only 18 minutes longer. 18 MINUTES! That's how long it takes to cook Tyson chicken in the oven. I could have dealt with that in the theatre.


There must be instant replay in Major League Baseball! I don't care what Tim Kurkjian says. I will go out and buy a television for the umpires. It takes about 30 seconds to see a replay on tv. When the umpires have to huddle up like they did for Alex Rodriguez' "double" last night it took almost 5 minutes. Come on MLB, get with the rest of our generation and establish a instant replay today!


We are getting very close to going to Major League Baseball games without alcohol being served to us. A 25 year old man died last night after falling some 150 feet from club level seating to field level seating at Atlanta's Turner Field. The investigation is pointing toward alcohol being the main factor. If this was the first time this early year I wouldn't be too worried, but there was another fatality at Shea Stadium this year when a man fell 4 stories from the stadium escalator. I know that this is not normal for my blog to have written depressing stories but this is a must. Because of these two incidents we all might be paying for it. No beer at a baseball games is un-American. I wish people could just grow up and enjoy a beer at the game(listen to me?). Seriously, I really wouldn't be surprised if something happens soon after these terrible tragedies.


On a good note for all my snow birds in Connecticut, it finally rained here today after 45 straight sunny days. Man I am spoiled!

1 comment:

Luke Williams said...

I may stand alone on this comment but regardless of the team I think Beasley is the right pick. The Bulls just signed Hinrich to a new contract (and he's not half bad) but what Chicago really needs is a low post presence. As much as I hate referring to African American athletes as a "beast" or a "monster" Beasley is just that. The guy is a guaranteed double double and a superstar in the making (just ask Lupe Fiasco). Either way Chicago winds up with the best player in the draft depending on who you ask. ***Deez it's your boy Luke; I'm adding a link to your blog on my page; hoping you would do the same with my blog since we go way back like throw backs...later kid!

www.myspaceiscrowded.blogspot.com

"Your welcome...Your all welcome!"