Monday, June 11, 2007

Unsatisfying or Brillant


It's 10 minutes after 10 o'clock, I get a call from my close friend and he yells into the phone..."ARE YOU $#!&%! KIDDING?"

After the final episode of the Sopranos, not only did I think that the cable went out, but it left me wondering. Like it always had since the first season. Though, a lot of us will be pissed and wanting more because of all the invested time we put in every Sunday night during the shows airing, I still finished the show the same way as I always had, pondering whats next.

A lot of answers still have not been made clear but that is the beauty of this final season. Whatever you want to think happened! I loved the way that Phil died...priceless! Paulie was looking at Tony weird throughout the show, I thought that was very odd. Janice was being Janice. Also, which I thought was a very touching moment, when Tony went to see Sil and there was no words spoken and Tony just grabbed his hand. I am really going to miss this show, more than any other. More than The Fresh Prince of Bel Air!

Do you all really think after the fabulous job that Chase has done though the years that he was going to have a true ending? Not me! This also leaves outs to the show. Is there going to be a movie?...Will some young director later on take over with a new cast and finish the storied Soprano show? Either way I am fine with the ending, in fact I think that this is how it went...

As Meadow comes walking through the door, Tony gives a big smile. The gentleman walks out of the bathroom and Tony notices him fixing at his shirt, like he is wearing a wire. Tony smiles again. Turn up the music of "Don't stop Believing" then credits. And the story continues...

Simple enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right about the way it ended. it was great. i would have been pissed off if they killed tony or if they put him in jail.

Shorty said...

Check out Gibby's analysis on my comments section...pretty solid...good job Dez

Anonymous said...

The Soprano's ending is amazing. My first reaction was, what the .... fill in your expletive right there. However, i watched the west coast feed later that evening, and the more i watched it i saw a few things that could possibly be what the ending meant. On one of the other episodes, i think it was the second one of the season, when tony and bobby are on the boat talking about what it's like to get shot, bobby says it probably goes all black, with silence nothing else. In the second to last episode, tony has a flashback of that moment when he hears of bobby's death. Pretty poignant stuff and significant as well. I thought the fact that the screen went black with a very non-specific look on tony's face makes you wonder if that fade to black meant tony was killed. Another scenario i considered was the possibility that you see the type of life tony is going to have to lead, always antzy always looking over his shoulder, never feeling settled. Even at a family gathering everything seemed so uneasy. Furthermore, that guy in the member's only jacket, looked a hell of a lot like a young phil leatardo, one thought in my head was that he was there to avenge his father's death. And lastly, David Chase keeps everybody guessing and just freezes time until something intrigues him or a great project involving these characters comes along. Z