Thursday, June 14, 2007

I was at that game part 2...


This is a tough one for me to post but not long ago we went to go see the Red Sox face off against my Mariners again (just so you all know most of the games my blog will be M's games). At this point I had seen the M's win 6 straight times when I went to the game, but I knew that we were in trouble when the mighty and at his prime Pedro Martinez took the mound. This was the first of two times that I saw Pedro pitch against the Mariners and both times the outcome wasn't a good one on my side. This game wasn't even close! But what is memorable for me is that this would be the first complete game by a pitcher that I got to see live. The Sox were killing them and in steps Jay Buhner with no one on base, which was most of the case during the game, and he hits a bomb over the monster for a solo shot. This would also be the famous "Hit 'em Pedro, hit 'em!!" game. This guy behind us must have yelled this at least 20 times during the game and as Buhner rounded third to home he decides to yell, "Hit 'em now, Pedro!!" I was in tears in more way than one!

4 comments:

Shorty said...

http://extrapolater.wordpress.com/2007/06/15/1114/

Shorty's All-Time CWS Team

Anonymous said...

The best game I have ever been to was a couple of years ago at Yankee Stadium. I don't remember the score of the game, who was on the mound or who the Yankees played. Honestly I was pretty shitty and all I remember was there was this smoking hot high school girl sitting behind me with a skirt and no draws on. I periodically turned around and stared into the clam. That was pretty rememberable. -Pitbull

Shorty said...

ahahahahahahahahahahaa....Pitbull...you are the best brotha!

deez said...

you are tooo much marc!