Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I was at that game...




I haven't been to many classics like others but i would like to share with you all about some of my favorite moments being at live Major League Baseball games. Enjoy! If you have some fill me in on the comments.

My first game seeing two players have multi-HR games...This was a while ago, probably about 8 years ago. I was working at Hopson and Motzer and they set up a bus trip to see the Yankees host the Seattle Mariners and so I jumped at the opportunity. Told a bunch of friends and we went to the game. It was an up and down high scoring game that saw Jorge Posada hit his second homerun deep into the bleachers in the bottom of the seventh to take a 2 run lead. And as I recall the Yankee fans that came to the game (Jon and Matt Fiderio and The Short guy) jumped all over me being a Mariner fan and all. But, they celebrated too soon because in the next inning the Yankees would blow it. The Mariners scored 5 times in the 8th with help from Alex Rodriguez' 2nd Bomb being a 3-run blast into the black of center field and the M's would hold on to the victory and it was a sweet ride back home on the bus for me.

2 comments:

Shorty said...

wow...i forgot all about that game...that wouldn't be the last time i saw Posada go yard twice though...i was lucky enough to be at the 14-13 game against the ranger last years when Jorge hit the walk off to complete the nine run comeback victory...

deez said...

thats a good one i got more coming!