Friday, June 15, 2007

I love beer...


Today, I worked an eight hour day with the weather up in the 80s all day. I knew before I went in this morning that I had to cut my lawn after work. I got home and it was still hot out. But, I said to myself when I finish mowing the lawn I will enjoy a tasty beverage of choice, so on I went to care for the lawn. After finishing the lawn and putting down some red ant killer(nasty mother f'ers ask me about them when I come back) and went inside the house for a tasty cold Miller Lite. Ahhhhhhhhh!

After my tasty Miller Lite, I went off to the local Superette named Albertsons and bought a 12 piece of fried chicken for $3.99, that's right $3.99 and its better than greasy KFC. I got home went in the fridge and grab my all-time favorite beer Sam Adamms Cherry Wheat. I sat down with my chicken and beer and HBO was playing the movie 61, so I ate and drank and lounged. Ahhhhhhh!

This got me to thinking, me and my pals have been a fan of beer for a while and its hard to decide whats the best. Well, to be quite honest, Miller Lite is a distant 2nd to my Sams Cherry Wheat. Here are some of my favorites in no order, please comment:

BUSCH LIGHT- The Champagne of beers! Greeeaaat for parties and drinking games. Cheap up north and you can't find it in the south. This beer was drank so much in my early twenties it has just become a part of me. I miss you Busch Light, but I don't miss going to the bathroom every 5 minutes when I shove you down my esophagus.

BUD LIGHT- Another great beer, usually for an after softball game beverage or parties that are willing to spend the extra five bucks for this type. Everyone drinks Bud Light, if they don't they probably don't drink or are alcoholics that need hard liquor instead. Nothing beats a Bud Light at the game or after the game with the guys.

CORONA- Well what can I say? Kev-o got me hooked. Soooo good in the summer time and I cannot explain why. It goes down so nice, but honestly whats with the lime? That's like giving Jessica Simpson a boob job, it just doesn't need to be done!

HARP- A great irish beer that nobody knows about. Very expensive and should only be drank casually or with a big meal. It's so good, once it hits your lips your hooked!

Killians Irish Red- Ok, ok, so i went there. My dad would kill me if I didn't mention the irish red. There hasn't been many, but my father and I have shared a couple Killians once or twice and those moments are cherished and just so you all know it doesn't happen often that my dad drinks. Killians is smooth and rich in taste, most don't care for it but they are probably not of irish descent.

others that made the list:

BUD HEAVY
MICHELOB LIGHT
HEINEKEN
GUINNESS
NATURAL LIGHT (TAP ONLY)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good call on all the beers posted. Killians is perhaps the best beer I have ever had, again agreed only on special occasions, you know like its Wednesday I think I'll pick up a 12 of Killians. I'd have to disagree with Heineken though. The aftertaste of that is like eating a bag of shit. Sam's octoberfest or winterbrew are also pretty tasty. I have just recently thought about trying a different beer a week. From pale ales to some thorough stouts. I'll keep you posted.- Pitbull