Friday, June 22, 2007

Back where it all started!





Tonight marks a special night for me personally with my favorite player of all-time going back to Seattle where his Hall of Fame career got started. The player, Ken Griffey Jr., arguably the best player of the 90s. Probably would have broken Roger Maris's record before Mark Mcgwire cuz he was cheapened by a strike shortened season in 1994. Either way my boy is the reason the Seattle Mariners are still a major league franchise and there stadium Safeco Field probably would have never been built. I am sure that the Seattle crowd will give him a standing O tonight, if they don't I'll be a little disappointed. I have so many memories of "The Kid" out in center and his beautiful swing at the ball after a homerun in that white Mariners jersey. Who knows what would have come for the M's if Griffey would have stayed. But, it is forgotten in my eyes, what happened has happened. But, I can tell you this the Mariners should make a run at Griffey now if he is really on the trading block. "The Kid" is hitting that crap out of the ball right now closing in on 600 right before our eyes. Who knows how close he would be at Bonds if the injuries didn't disrupt his career in Cincinnati. Anyways, best of luck to you Junior for the rest of your career. I hope that you can get a chance to finally win a ring and finish your career they way you want without injuries getting in the way!

a mariners fan

this is the only youtube clip that i could find...sorry yankee fans:




No comments: