Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Toe is on Break (perks of a teacher)

Here's the deal. I enjoy my job, but I love the summer break. Here's what a Teacher's summer is like and things that you might pick up as well:



Biggest accomplishment since end of school June 9th: Read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Looking forward to the movie in October.



2nd Biggest accomplishment: Coming back to beat my brothers and father at golf today.



Right now: Nursing a little sun burn and Let's go Southern Miss!!!!



Current Employment Status: Math and GIS (geographic informations systems) teacher in Florida....Connecticut certification currently pending. Which means, 60/40 staying in Florida for another year.



Work Plans for Summer: Curriculum writing these next 4 days (hourly rate plus stipend) and 4 days job shadowing with Public works department (3 hours a day).....More than enough money for summer fun.



Vacation Trip: I know this might be A$$ backwards but, drive up to Connecticut July 3rd- August 5th.



Looking forward to in Fall: THE Adamant Wedding.



Tomorrows activity: Curriculum writing (easy cash), U.S.A. vs. Italy soccer at 2:30 ESPN, chilling by or in the pool.



Everday activity: drinking Cold beverages.



I know this post doesn't excite many, but I know a few aspiring or current teachers that read this. Hope your summer break goes as well as mine. Maybe I'll post more this summer now that I have more time. We'll see. Later.




The Road Trailer



3 comments:

Shorty said...

The Road might be the best book I ever read...

here are a few others you might enjoy Tim:

Beautiful People - Charles Bock
Lush Life - Richard Price
Shutter Island - Dennis Lehanne

deez said...

your best post ever! if i wasn't such a "shanksopotamus" yesterday i would have kept the win streak alive. losing by 6 was a gift!

Anonymous said...

i will try Lush Life next..I'll get it in Meriden next week!!!