Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 2 in Omaha


Most of you that read this know already that I am a pretty big Lou Piniella fan. One thing that has always drove him Nutz just as much as me is the when pitchers don't throw strikes. While coaching high school kids in my life, I kind of just dealt with it even though it drove me insane. Watching the Southern Miss Golden Eagles hand over a win because of walking batters brought me to drink myself to sleep. In the nightcap of Day 2, Texas took advantage of Southern Miss pitchers not throwing strikes. It's amazing to me that College, Minor, and Major League players even after all the coaching and all the games played that they still can't find the strike zone when it counts. Now because of walking in the winning run last night, the Golden Eagles have the pleasure to North Carolina Tarheels in an elimination game Tuesday. In the first game, which I missed, all of because of the foursome in front of us were taking their sweet old time hitting their shots into the woods, so I would like to thank them. From what I read it was the ultimate pitching game. Unlike Cal State, Arizona State started their #2 pitcher in Josh Spence and came out victorious. Now they have the luxury of starting their ace Mike Leake to advance to the CWS semi-finals against Texas Tuesday. I done told you about how the Tarheel bats need to come up in the tournament. Now they are fighting for their NCAA title lives against Southern Miss.


Today, we have great drama, with Cal State Fullerton on the verge of elimination at 2:00 against Virginia. And in then at 7:00, we have two SEC foes competing for the right to the semi-finals in Arkansas and LSU. It should be fun.

No comments: