Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 1 in Omaha


This is why I love our America's past time. Baseball is so unpredictable, but it can be so costly if you don't make the right decisions at the right times. I had a toss up in my picks with LSU and Cal State Fullerton winning it all and it all mattered on who I thought would win when they got through their first round match ups. Oh how I underestimated the underdogs in yesterday's games. In the first game of the CWS Arkansas handled the Cal State pitchers and hitters with much ease throughout the game. One thing that bothered me though was when Titans coach, Dave Serrano thought that it would be best to start a freshman in the opener (Noe Ramirez) instead of trying to win one game at a time and get the first victory out of the way with ace Dan Renken. Well, now they are going to have to win the CWS the hard way...win out. And it will start on Monday against ACC Champs Virginia who lost to LSU in the night cap. I think that I had told you all that LSU had the best outfield in the nation and they certainly proved my point in their win last night. Diving catches, clutch hitting, and power stroking was on display for the Tigers outfield. One thing that bothered me about the game was waking up this morning and finding write ups on the Internet saying the LSU "crushed" Virginia, not the case at all. The Cavs had the game if their relief pitchers through breaking pitches for strikes. Don't get me wrong, LSU really showed us last night that they are the class of the CWS as far as their offense is concerned, but the game last night was much closer than what writers are writing about today.


I am hitting the links with my brothers and father early this afternoon so I am going to miss the start of the best game of the tournament in my opinion at 2:00. But don't you miss it when two class A pitchers go head to head when probable starters Mike Leake (pick 14th in the Draft) and Arizona State face Alex White (picked 7th in the Draft) and North Carolina.

No comments: