Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts for Today


One more week til the move...I hope! Just when you think that you have everything together, someone punches you in the mouth and tells you that we are still not a go for your June 30th closing. So I have been trying to keep my mind occupied with others things like sports the past couple of days. Work really sucks right now because it is so hot and we have a huge (4000 people expected) 3 on 3 soccer tournament this weekend I am preparing for. So at the moment I am massaging my foot while I write. Here's a few things that happened this weekend I would love to share with all of you.


I can't remember the last time where I actually watched most of a PGA golf Major Tournament until the US Open this weekend. The shitty weather up north certainly helped, but I was really tuned in. As most of you already know I am a huge Phil Mickelson fan, even though he drives me insane more often then not. So the weekend had me hooked especially yesterday with the chances that came up for Lefty, but of course he came up short in a US Open again (5 times). Now I have to watch golf without the stresses that Phil gives me every weekend. Should I even bother watching the next couple of tournament without him? And that poor Barnes kid, I found myself rooting against him to fall, to make things interesting this weekend for the tournament. Then the guy really falls on Monday and I find myself feeling sorry for him because the poor guy could not find the fairway to save his life. If he was anything like me as a golfer he would have smartened up and aimed right so his ball would hook on the fairway. Players make adjustments, well I guess only players like me. Gotta hand it to Lucas Glover though, he hit timely shots even with having never been in that position before.


Am I the only one that feels Manny Ramirez should not be allowed to play in the Minors right now. What a crock!


It was Father's Day on Sunday and I totally forgot to get my father a gift. So like any good son would, I raced to Target early Sunday morning and bought him the book Crazy for the Storm. Suppose to be a very good father-son/son-father book so I came through. But what he really liked about the day was I also went to Redbox and got Gran Torino. We watched it together that morning and he was really impressed with the movie, probably because the Clint Eastwook character reminded him of his old man.


I bought my first piece of furniture for my new home yesterday. You get a nice sense of where my priorities are when I tell you that my first purchase was a television stand. Nice...bar stools next on the long list.


I'll get to the CWS in a later post tonight, but man what a first game. To quote Mike Patrick last night...

"Just another one of your typical College Baseball games in Omaha."

I couldn't have put it better myself Mike!

No comments: