Monday, February 4, 2008

What are you going to do?


It was a great game to watch if you didn't have any money riding on it. I have done pretty well the last couple of years with my betting performances in the Super Bowl, so I was bound to take a hit soon. I haven't placed any bets all season since week one and that was a $50 loss but I said after the loss I won't bet til the Super Bowl and I will save a little of money while doing it. Well, that is just what I did. All in all I lost only $100, could of been alot worse thank god. Eli Manning was absolutely great last night as well as the Giants defensive line. You gotta hand it to them, they were just the better team out their and deserved the victory. I put a picture above of rookie wide receiver Steve Smith because in just six years he has won a High School Football State Championship in California, won the BCS National Title at USC, and just won the Super Bowl, talk about always being on a winner huh? I just wish the line had stayed at 14, I would have took the Giants instead of the Patriots, who have won me a ton of $ since their first Super Bowl in 2002. Here's a look at some of the crazy bets I lost and won last night...

Tom Brady will pass for 311-320 yards...lost
Randy Moss will receive for 141-150 yards...lost
The first turnover of the game will be a interception...won
The first penalty of the game will be by the Giants...won
Both teams will kick a 33 yard field goal...lost
First score of the game will be anything but a touchdown...won
Team to win the coin toss...lost
Over for the longest field goal of the game 43.5...lost
Tails will be the coin toss...won

By the way, keep this in mind for next years Super Bowl tails has hit 4 years in a row, which is absolutely amazing but what is more amazing is that the team that calls the toss has called tails and won the toss all four years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tails NEVER fails
-Mif

Shorty said...

gotta agree with Mif on that one