Saturday, February 16, 2008

Deez' College Basketball Power Rankings


Ok, so I jinxed myself by posting my college basketball picks on my blog and Georgtown burned me not only on Saturday but on Monday as well verses Villanova. What are you going to do? So I cashed out and still ended up making some money after fighting back after my Super Bowl loss. Things are really starting to mix up with the shuffling of the elite teams and with February 23rd right around the corner bracket busters will be in effect with Tennessee going to Memphis and Drake traveling to Butler.


1. Memphis - We can keep telling ourselves that C-USA has decent teams but we are really just waiting for the Tennessee game.

2. Duke - The only team I see beating them will be themselves.

3. Kansas - Even with the loss at Texas, they still only have two losses in the tough Big 12.

4. Tennessee - They still won despite a poor effort at LSU. Will still be an overlooked team until they get more national games.

5. UNC - As much as I have been hating on Hansbrough's defense, he has singlehandedly kept his team from losing 4 straight.

6. UCLA - I still like the Bruins but that loss at Washington was bad. UCLA had a tough time with Wash. terrible defense.

7. GTown - Are still my best team in the Big East until they prove me otherwise.

8. Texas - Have beaten 3 potential #1 seeds in Kansas, UCLA, and Tennessee. Pretty damn impressive.

9. Stanford - Still a top ten team in my book even after the loss at a very good Arizona State.

10. Xavier - A great balanced team with Rhode Island, Dayton, and Duquesne coming up.

11. Butler - This team is really that good! You'll see when at least 3 teams in their conference make the tourney.

12. UCONN - While the Huskies keep winning, I keep getting reminded not to move back home.

13. Purdue - Nobody saw this coming. But, after watching a couple games they are the truth.

14. Wisconsin - Only team to beat them the past 16 games was Purdue.

15. Louisville - With David Padgett healthy this team looks very, very dangerous.

16. Drake - If they were going to lose to anybody, Southern Illinois had to be that team.

17. Michigan St. - Big game tonight at Indiana. There is something not right with this team even though their 20-4.

18. Texas A&M - Now 20-4, to prove that this team is for real they are going to have to impress me at Texas Monday.

19. Notre Dame - Even with the loss at UCONN, the Irish are still sitting pretty with Luke Harangody's 20 and 10 a game.

20. Washington St. - After today's game at Oregon the conference schedule will not be favorable will have to start to do some impressing.

No comments: