Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Best Man for the Job?


After the involvement of at least 10 candidates, some of whom were former head coaches, some coordinators, and one an assistant head coach for their team the last two seasons. With all of the experienced candidates that could be the wise choice for the Washington Redskins they went out and got a guy that's highest job title in the NFL was Quarterbacks coach for the Seattle Seahawks the past 7 seasons...nice! Was he really the best choice or was a someone that owner Dan Synder had to settle with. Settle!!!! Assistant Head Coach and Defensive coordinator the past 4 seasons wasn't a better option? Are we serious, Synder? Well whatever what's done is done. Jim Zorn who is a very likable guy by many of his peers is the new head coach in Washington and I am hopeful that he brings a great new offensive scheme that will finally start putting some points on the scoreboard. Zorn is the sixth head coach for Synder since Synder bought the Redskins back in 1999. One good thing that they did was at least keep veteran assistants Joe Bugel and Greg Blachel for another season with Blachel getting promoted to head the defense which was nothing short of great at the end of the season. Zorn was quoted on the podium during his intro to the 'skin as saying, "I look at these trophies(3 Lombardi Trophies) and it's quite intimidating." You think that is intimidating Zorn, wait til if things go bad for you in Washington, with the fans, media, and more importantly Synder. Being a Redskin fan a lot of my buddies have been awaiting my postion with the hire I personally I really can't stand it. I was all for Gregg Williams coming back to head this team that went through so much last season and the way that they came together on defense especially leaves me really speechless that he did not get the job. I really could care less how bad he was a head of the Buffalo Bills, Williams deserved at least a chance at heading the Redskins this season. Then I hear rumors about Steve Mariucci, Jim Fassel, and of course Steve Spagnuolo I was really getting pumped. Then I hear that they hire the guy they just hired as an offensive coordinator not less than 2 weeks before. I was fine with Zorn coming in as coordinator because the offense hadn't changed at all when they brought in Al Saunders, but to then give him another huge promotion to the head job is very, very questionable and I am sure that I am not the only Redskin fan to feel this way. To make everything better for me Synder needs to be traded as owner or they need to bring in Chad Johnson then I'll be in a better mood!

No comments: