Saturday, February 2, 2008

Super Bowl Preview


Will the New England Patriots become the greatest team of all-time or will the New York Giants pull off the biggest upset in Super Bowl history? These are just two of the questions that I have been hearing for the most miserable two weeks. The reason why I posted those questions is because I really believe that these are the most important debatable questions. Let's go to the latter of the two, in my personal opinion this would be the biggest upset since the Patriots beat the St. Louis Rams back in 2002. In Super Bowl history? I dunno, I am only 30, damn that hurts to say! But, from what I have read and heard about Joe Namath's NY Jets upset of the Baltimore Colts was huge, and not just for that team but for the entire league by having an upstart AFL team beat a NFL team in Super Bowl III. This would be a huge upset with all that is on the line for the Pats and the way that they beat teams all year long. As far as the Patriots becoming the best team of all time with a win, that'll be debatable for years and years. Honestly though, you ask any player in the league or former player. They cannot ever fathom a undefeated season, not possible in their eyes. So, since we are now in the free agent years how can they not be, I know all about the Pittsburgh Steelers but that was just a dynasty.

As for the game, I can't remember the last time that their were going to be so many good receivers on the field Super Bowl Sunday. But, the running backs might be the most important players in this game, one in particular. Brandon Jacobs in my mind if the Giants are going to have any chance of winning the game, has to gain 5 yards a carry every first down and keep the chains moving so that they keep the Pats offense off the field. Of course the major factor is will the Giants secondary be able to handle the Pats offense scheme especially if, and I think that they definitely will, keep a no-huddle, spread offense for the entire first half so that the Gmen will have to play catch up which is not their game. My heart wants the Giants to win to represent the NFC East, but my mind is keeping me to go with the Patriots. I will be doing a lot of betting this Sunday since I was a good boy all year and only bet week 1. So here's my picks for Super Bowl Sunday...

Patriots -12
over 54
tails
patriots win the toss
patriots will receive the kick
patriots will score first
first score will be a touchdown
first TD will be Wes Welker 6-1 odds

among others, I will post how I did on Monday with all of my other crazy bets!

3 comments:

Shorty said...

Ouch Desmond...I hope you didn't really bet all those...

deez said...

yes i did except i change my mind and took the under, tough day! i forgot why i didn't bet all year, realized that this morning...god dammit!!

deez said...

oh yeah, and i changed first score will be a fg or safety thank god, that really saved me!