Saturday, February 9, 2008

Deez' College Basketball Power Rankings

I posted the other day on how I lost $100 big ones on the Super Bowl, and I decided on Tuesday afternoon that I had some money left over I'll take a stab at some games on the college hardwood. Well, it worked! Tuesday I hit on a 3 team parlay and 4 point teaser, Wednesday hit on a 4 team parlay and 4 point teaser, and Thursday hit on a 3 team 4 point teaser and 7 point teaser, and was 2 points shy of hitting on that parlay. So as of today, Saturday morning I am the best College Basketball insider that you know, so keep your eyes on my basketball blogs! After not being able to sleep last night I was doing some research on my top 20 for my power rankings this week, while some slipped out and hard(Washington State) some teams made some tremendous jumps. This weekend it a nice weekend full of games so keep up with your teams because the conference tourneys are right around the corner. On to the power rankings...

1. Memphis - Tennessee comes to town on 02/23 no other challenges beside Houston until then.

2. Duke - The scariest team in the nation if they shoot and rebound like they did to UNC. Henderson is a star.

3. Kansas - Have held their opponents to under 50% shooting in 22 of their 23 games.

4. UCLA - Darren Collison might be the most under appreciated point guard in the nation.

5. UNC - The Duke game showed how valuable Ty Lawson is to that team. Defense is still bad.

6. Tennessee - A swarming defense and the use of a deep bench will wear teams out the rest of the year.

7. GTown - Win verses Louisville tonight will make a good separation from the Big East's best.

8. Wisconsin - A great defensive team that is 9-1 in a top heavy Big Ten. Offense has been playing well as of late too.

9. Butler - Don't expect this team to lose again after their poised close victory over Valpo. Showed me a lot.

10. Stanford - Has a five game winning streak and is all alone in second place in the Pac-10. 18-3 so far !

11. Xavier - Tough 3 game stretch coming up with 3 of the top teams in the A-10 in the next eight days.

12. Michigan St. - After having seen them lose to Penn St. last week it really showed how much Neitzel means to them.

13. Drake - After beating a tough Illinois St. team on the road they are now 12-0 in the MVC.

14. UCONN - Should take care of G.T. today. A.J. Price has been too nice during their 6 game win streak.

15. Texas - Closing in on Kansas and Kansas St. by beating Oklahoma away. Has a big one vs. Kansas Monday.

16. Indiana - Thankful that they escaped from Illinois with a win, still no wins verses the nations top 50 which is shocking.

17. Notre Dame - Standing in 2nd place in the tough Big East, but their weak non-conference schedule keeps doubters.

18. Texas A&M - Winners of 4 straight conference games after three straight conference losses vs. the toughest teams.

19. Vanderbilt - Can really make a SEC push the next 3 games against opponents So. Carolina, Kentucky, and Florida.

20. Clemson - I really like how physical this team plays even with a loss last Saturday at Miami. UNC next on Sun.


Games I like today and that I am taking is :


3 Team Parlay, 4 point teaser, 7 point teaser


Vanderbilt +3 @ South Carolina

Gtown +3 @ Louisville

Purdue +10 @ Wisconsin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected by my statement of UNC I made last power rankings. In this week, I would still move Duke and Kansas ahead of Memphis. Also, you have to put Xavier in the top ten. Although Stanford and Wisc. have been playing well, this is the only legit A-10 team and they got to get in there. Sean Miller has brought in athletic bigs and have great guards who can play in any conference. I love Josh Duncan's enthusiasm and relentless play. He plays alot like Joakim Noah with a better jumper. Clemson again put up a huge battle against UNC last night, but didn't have enough in OT. 0-53 at Chapell Hill does not look good, but look at it this way, they are the 3rd or 4th school in the Carolinas, maybe 5th at times. To add to that, a little plug for my boys; Cuse is the best team in NY unless you are counting some of the HS in the city. I am sending out my first, last and only plea to Donte' Greene, "Stay, don't go to the league and this is why: 1) You're not ready 2) You're not ready and 3) Next year the Cuse is going to be NICE!"