Monday, October 29, 2007

"They are who we thought they were!"

















Most of my friends that read this blog I don't get to see much anymore, but in 3 weeks that is going to change. And I am sure that if I was home I would be asked about the Patriots/Redskins game being that I am a huge Redskin fan, always have. As you can see the famous quote above from my favorite coach that is out of the game, Denny Green, I really wasn't expecting much from the 'Skins this weekend...and I got just that! What I really was expecting was when I saw Tom Brady take the field in the 4th quarter was my boy Sean Taylor to really knock him out with a late hit after he dropped back to pass. Did I mention that I am also a Michigan fan, and have great respect for Brady? But, not to this extreme. I have heard the thoughts about this situation all day on the radio and television and my feeling is still the same as it was when I continued to watch the game in the 4th quarter yesterday...If this was the Redskins of the late '80s early '90s, Brady would have never taken the field. For this reason, they were different players then without limelight, and all of the media attention and the way that some, I repeat some, of the players today see the game now, the old school guys would have never stood for it. Do you think for a second that if the 49ers were beating the Redskins back in the day the way that the Patroits did on Sunday that Walsh would have sent Joe Montana out there with guys like a Dexter Manley still on the field...no way! That is like a death wish for Montana. My feeling is that the game was over before it started and was out of hand by halftime, what is Bill Belichick thinking with the starting lineup still in the game. What is he preparing for next week against the Colts? No way, my man Joe Gibbs had every right to just leave the stadium without a handshake yesterday and Gibbs is not that type of guy to do that! Lucky for the Patriots that they won't see the Redskins and Joe Gibbs again, unless it's the Super Bowl, for a few years and even still Gibbs will be gone...but Gregg Williams won't! Payback's a BITCH!!!

No comments: