Thursday, October 11, 2007

NLCS Preview




There is no secret that Major League baseball wanted the two losers of the divisional series to advance instead of the Colorado Rockies and the Arizona Diamondbacks playing tonight. On the other hand, and I am probably one of the few, am glad to see these two hot teams fight for the right to go to the World Series. Let's face it, these are two of the hottest teams in baseball since the All-Star break and they both deserve the right to be in this situation. Both managers in my opinion deserve to win NL Manager of the Year, by taking very young squads and during them into Pennant chasing players. I love it! The Rockies and Diamondbacks also each have 4, that's right 4 the number after 3, players with postseason experience. The payroll of the two teams combine is still 40 million dollars less than what the Boston Red Sox pay their team this season. Before I give you my pick for the series, how can I deny the other team? The Diamondbacks took over first place in the NL West early in the second half of the season and held it with the San Diego Padres and Rockies making runs at them, but yet they still went out and played and held first place and best record in the NL. How can I not pick the Rockies, they have had one loss in like a month! As my Dad noted to me last week against the Cubs, "Even when they ground out, they are hitting the ball so hard! They are so tuned in!" The best thing for Major League baseball is for this series to go all 7 games, and for the record I wouldn't mind that at all. Let's not take for granted what these two special teams did this season, even if the best teams are in the American League. I am hoping for a great series and for these young kids from the west to make names for themselves, well on to the pick...

ROCKIES IN SEVEN!!! The Rockies will continue their winning ways just how they have this last month, with timely hits and solid starting pitching, and great bullpen relief. They will be able to knock Brandon Webb around I think as well, since they have seen him enough during the year and have had some success as well. Todd Helton will help his Hall of Fame status by winning the series MVP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will not curse them by rooting for them but the Rockies are playing great baseball. My god can anyone stop them right now? As you mentioned Den, they hit Webb last night and got out to an early lead. I don't think the D-backs have enough offense to come back and win if they get behind. Go Rockies, win the whole damn thing. Shit, did I just root for them. Disregard my last statement, but I can't and won't stand to see the Red Sox win another WS Championship. Then I will have to listen to Chad and Pablo gloat for another year on how awesome their team is. I will drive to Boston and shoot Schilling in his other ankle before hearing that shit again.-Pitbull