Friday, October 19, 2007

Just Leave Manny Alone!


For the record, I have always been intrigued by Manny Ramirez since he was hitting bombs in Cleveland so this blog might be a little biased. All the negative attention that Manny has been receiving since he hit the GW Bomb against the Anaheim Angels in game 2 is driving me crazy! So the dude is listening to his own music in that head of his. So the dude likes to admire his homeruns. So the dude can't speak English that well and he tends to say things that the public reacts like, "Huh?". Let the man be! I don't think that we as fans will really appreciate the great talent that Ramirez is until he is gone. If you didn't hear last night Manny Ramirez just tied the Major League record for continuing his postseason hitting streak up to 15 games. Fifteen games! He is hitting .440 this postseason with 4 homers, and let's not forget is incredible ability to hit with two strikes. The man can't field, can't run, and is a real nut-job. I am sorry and their will be people that disagree with this statement but I am going on record and saying that, "Manny Ramirez is the best right-handed batter that I have ever seen!" He is! My buddy Maynard once asked me, "Why is it that left-handed batters look so pretty when they swing and rightys don't?" I didn't have an answer, but I can tell you this Ramirez swing is so pure when he connects with the ball. Though Manny doesn't own very many individual awards he does have three Silver Slugger Awards and a World Series MVP. As much as I can really care less who moves on to the World Series, I find myself routing for the Sox just so I can watch Manny at the plate one more time.

The series has been what I have expected thus far, but even though they are down 2-3, I feel that the Red Sox have all the momentum now going to Boston. But, I could be wrong with Curt Schilling taking the hill on Saturday night anything can happen. Does anyone know the last time Schilling pitched a game six facing elimination?....that's right the bloody sock night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was asked just receently, by a Red Sox fan, how I can like Manny? I answered the same way you did. Did you see the guy swing the bat? Although I am not a fan of his lack of hustle nor his defensive focus I remain a huge fan of his offesive repertoire. The guy has the prettiest swing from the right side anyone has ever seen. It really can't even be argued. A-Rod, great player but not even close. Pujols, sorry. Manny plays when he wants. If the guy ever decided to be the best, he would. Until then he will flounder in the guys that could be the best.
PS Not to take away from the true meaning of the post but Manny did grow up in NY and not in PR.- Pitbull

deez said...

yeah i know actually he grew up in brooklyn. and guess what marc, he led his mickey mantle team to the nationals as a 15 year old. i can only imagine his talent then!

Anonymous said...

It was a fluke. He was the first Danny Almonte. The guy is just sick.