Monday, October 29, 2007

I Can Admit I Was Wrong!


After watching the Boston Red Sox sweep another World Series for the second title in 4 years over the Colorado Rockies last night I will have to admit that I was wrong! Even though I picked the Red Sox to win the title at the beginning of the season, at mid-season, and this series...I didn't pick them when the regular season was over, I was wrong and for that I apologize! For some reason I really had the feeling after the season was over that they had falter toward the end and weren't the same team to begin the postseason. But Terry Francona proved me wrong by winning their final seven games to win his second title, and a place in Red Sox history forever!

Not only did the Colorado Rockies disappoint their fans but me! I really thought that the long layoff was not going to affect them, I was wrong and for that I apologize! It was clear Game 1 when Josh Beckett continued to throw fastball after fastball the first three innings of the game, daring the Rockies to hit it. Clearly, baseball is all about timing and the Rockies during their layoff have no one that throws fastballs like Beckett to keep their timing sharp. This continue to game 2 with Curt Schilling throwing his off-speed splitters that kept the Rockies off-balanced for the second straight day. And even the cold Rocky Mountain air couldn't change momentum from their on in games 3 and 4. 9 days is way to long, now I think that is something for Major League baseball to think about during the off-season.

Coming tomorrow my first ever blog about the New York Yankees and their very important off-season, including the hiring of new manager Joe Giraldi...who I did say would be the next manager, somethings I do get right!

No comments: