Friday, October 5, 2007

Love the Old Skool guys!!!


Months ago I posted my maybe, probables, and locks for current Major League players for the Hall of Fame. Kenny Lofton was on my list for the maybes, because well, he is a maybe for the Hall. But, watching Lofton back in a Cleveland Indians uniform and come up big with 3 hits, 4 rbi, a stolen base and double, all with two out and I just took it in and smiled. Lofton was part of my youth, the kid could play when he came to the league and if you were pretending that you were somebody fast while you were playing wiffle ball, Kenny was your guy! The 40 year-old and 17 year vet has had a great come back season this year and it's really nice to see. Lofton, that I can remember was never an ass, went out and played that game the only way he knew how. I would like to see him get into the Hall, with the way he played more than 8 years ago he would be a no doubter. But, injuries and being in the wrong organization has hurt him, and now he's back where he was a continuous all-star and has his Cleveland squad up 1-0 in the divisional series against the powerful Yankees. Keep it going Kenny and the rest of my old skool players!

No comments: