Thursday, May 21, 2009

Random Thoughts Today


Wow, what a week. For once, while I have been in the state of Florida, it has felt like Connecticut. Here's some thoughts for the week...


Rain. It hasn't stopped. I'm talking constant water flowing from the sky for days like the CT. And I have been working in it. I am talking getting soaked on 4-wheelers picking up debris, cutting down branches, and making the parks and trails as safe as possible for my community. It has been pretty brutal! I was asked to work a 24 hour shift yesterday, but by the time I got back to the shop they told me to go home and get some sleep. Thank god! The rain has stopped for now but suppose to continue in some spots throughout the weekend. I haven't seen the sun since Sunday morning...unbelievable.


Damn those Magic! Not only did they pull off a win last night they had to steal since the Cavs are coming off a long layoff. But the "O" fans at work haven't stopped letting me have it about the Celtics. Now they are talking swept of the Cavs. Give me a break! I dunno where these fans come from, but they are starting to piss me off. Not to mention that the Magic continue to amaze me with their tenacious defense and ability to throw the pick and roll as well as the inside/outside game the teams are having trouble defending. I don't usually rout for Lebron James because of the Jordan comparisons but please Lebron put an end to the Magic fans season.


I just read Jake Peavy to the White Sox possibly. If Peavy goes to the AL, he is on my trade block immediately. He will never be able to handle the line-ups in the AL...ever!


How selfish are we (or me)? Phil Mickelson's wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and he will be leaving the tour to tend to her and their family. I'm a huge Phil fan, even though he tends to piss me off more than make me smile. It's going to be hard to watch the Majors now and see how Phil botches up another Major Championship. Certainly is a terrible situation, and I don't know if I enjoy watching Phil hold up a trophy at the end of a tournament or seeing his wife in HD.


Finally, buying a house f'n blows!

No comments: