Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Thoughts Today


Yea I'm a slacker! Been really slacking on my "Best Draft Picks by Your Team" blog. But I do I an excuse. I have been pretty busy, trying to better my situation in the F.L.A. Lots of goings on in the world of sports, here is a brief recap of what has been going on in the world of Deez.


Yep, your boy is trying to buy a house! My own house. Like...it'll be all mine! I have to take advantage of the rates and the cost of homes. All of you in the north really have no idea how much i can get a good home for right now. I'm talking homes for 95,000 that were built in the last 10 years. Plus, with the 8000 dollar tax credit for 1st time home owners, I'd be an idiot not to try to buy right now. In addition, I forgot to mention that my parents are living in the Sunshine State now (if I haven't mentioned that before). So I have been really going hard at homes right now; short sales, pre-foreclosures, foreclosures, and regular sales. Hopefully sometime in the next two months I will have my house, but I am trying to be as patient as possible.


What a hockey game last night, huh? It took me one period to try to find something else on the tube being that the game was over before it even started. The Penguins were dominate from the start and didn't allow Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals any room to come back in the game. Thanks NHL for wasting my time, again you lose and us fans that try to be casual fans win. NHL Hockey is for the hockey lovers and that's not for me.


The Celtics are looking to close out the series against the Magic tonight, something that I certainly didn't think was possible with 10 seconds left in game 4. The Magic have really choked their way into this situation in my opinion. But, the southern hicks that are die hard fans say, "Man...their playing in the 'O' tonight, it's do or die man, their ain't no way the Magic are goin down tonight man, ain't no chance!" Ok, well if they do at least they can shut it until football season because southern hicks could give two shits about baseball unless of course a Florida team is in the playoffs.


I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I am a new subscriber to Sporting News magazine and I absolutely love it. This newest addition though bothered me a little. This week they published the biggest rivalries in each of the 50 states. In state rivals no matter the sport, high school, college, or professional. Awesome idea right! Just wait til all of you Connecticut folks here who they think is your biggest in-state rival. Are you ready for this. Bridgeport vs. Hartford AHL hockey! Come on! First of all this rivalry has only gone on for 8 years. Secondly, I know for a fact that you could find a high school rivalry ten times better than this one. What a joke! Connecticut colleges need to start stepping up there game. I realize I live in a much bigger state now, but come on AHL hockey owns the states best rivalry. I think that's worse than Kansas' rivalry, which is two community college basketball programs that date back to 1929.


That's all I have, have a great rest of the week!

No comments: