Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Thoughts Today


I gotta say first that I am sorry for the lack of posts this past week. Tomorrow's post will give a illustration why. Since I have to work early in the a.m. tomorrow I have some extra time to give you my thoughts for the week. I hope that all my readers from the great state of Connecticut are enjoy some early heat. Here's a couple of thoughts before a very entertaining sports weekend.


You know what sucks about Ray Allen? He is my favorite UCONN Husky of All-Time. But unfortunately I am not alone, and that's what sucks. I got a chance to meet Ray at a UCONN practice my senior year in high school. He signed a couple of things for me and was really a down to earth guy and fool around with all of us during his free time. From that point on I can not root for the guy. He does everything right. Works hard on both ends of the courts, shoots the rock like nobody I have ever seen, and is down right a good dude. He is one of the few players in the NBA since the departure of Michael Jordan that I check on and see how he has been doing. And when he became a Celtic, I thought...this is awesome! Allen put on a show for the ages last night against the Bulls. He hit for 51 points in a defeat, the largest point total for a player on a losing team since...his Airness' 63. As much as I needed my sleep last night, I couldn't shut the tv off because I was waiting for how Ray was going to awe me again. So like I said, I hate that I like Ray Allen, because the rest of Husky nation feels the same, but I guess I really can't be mad at that.


Josh Beckett really hasn't been the same since his suspension. Granted, the Tampa Bay Rays have own the Red Sox the last two years but something is definitely up with Beckett. He sucks! He can't get batters chasing those pitches he was so successful with during his career. I personally think that he might be all done, he might be approaching the point in his career where it starts to fall apart. Almost like somebody that played for the Sox and lost whatever he had and went elsewhere. Another Roger Clemens anyone?


I have seen Role Models, The Wrestler, Doubt, and Seven Pounds the last two weeks. And I can honestly say that I don't think that I have gone through a stretch of movies like this where I have enjoy each one. I received Frost/Nixon yesterday on my Netflix and am about to pop it into the dvd player. I really recommend all of these films to all of you, even though I have heard mixed reviews about Will Smith's latest movie, I still think that it is a must see.


My fantasy baseball teams are driving me crazy and it's only the start of May.


This weekend is loaded with must see sports tv. And besides the Game 7 game between the Bulls and Celtics, the Kentucky Derby will be taking over Saturday. This weekend marks the anniversary of the "Night Train" in Las Vegas. I wish I could remember a little more of that weekend but I am always reminded by my boy Jon Fid on how awesome I was. Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE NETFLIX. SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE HAS BEEN #1 IN MY QUEUE SINCE FEBRUARY

ADAMANT

deez said...

damn!