Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Guess Who's Goin' Dancing in March?


The NCAA Selection Committee had a selection show on Monday night, May 4. No, it wasn't televised. No, it had nothing to do with #1 seeds. And no, the final selections not invited didn't get to enter another tournament. Nope, this selection committee had the honor of drawing the first names out of the big box on who wins the rights to get not only discounted tickets for the first weekend games at the sites of the NCAA Tournament in March, but be able to have the choice of the "best available" seats listed before tickets go on sale in June. And guess whos name was chosen for the 1st round (both sessions) and 2nd round games in Jacksonville, Florida for the 2010 NCAA Tournament? YES, IT WAS YOURS TRULY!!!


I can not believe my luck! Tuesday morning I was notified of being selected via email. I thought that I was still asleep. I only put my name in the big box about a month and a half ago for shits and giggles, not even thinking I was really going to win. Then Sunday, May 3 came and I told my father and brother, "Hey those tickets are being drawn for the tournament tomorrow.". So the tickets were able to be purchased at 10:00 am today (which is bullshit, some people do work for a living). I went online first thing when I got home and immediately checked the "best available tickets". Most of the best ones were already gone. By the time I researched 6 more times for other locations, the best available seats had changed again. So for the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament bracket located in Jacksonville, my brother (i hope) and myself will be attending 6 games for a grand total of...$216 dollars a ticket! Are you f'n kidding me? Oh, yea...I forgot to mention that we will be 6 rows from the court to the left of one of the baskets. FOR SIX GAMES OF THE NCAA TOURNAMENT!


Sorry to be so excited about this, but this has always been one of those sporting events I have always wanted to attend. Being such a huge college basketball fan, all my buddies down here know how great of a thing this is for me. And I am sure that my buddies up north will definitely feel the same, probably with a little hate involved though. I am so thrilled I have no idea what to do right now. Well, first things first...I am going to finish off my coronas while looking at the best teams for college basketball next season. R U Serious, the NCAA Tournament?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Deez!
Look out NCAA......
THE NIGHT TRAIN IS COMING!!