Monday, January 5, 2009

Let's Vent (NFL Playoffs)


Hello again to all of my faithful readers! It's your boy Deez back at it in the '09! I wish that I could apologize for my lack of posts the past 5 months but I can't. With school and recently my trip back to the dirty 'den, I tried my best to stay clear of the computer as much as possible. Penn State University is driving me nutz this semester so it is safe to say that I will have to take the semester off this spring. Trust me I am not happy in the least, but I do have an opportunity to make some serious cake the next couple months with some side jobs down in the dirty south. I will be definitely picking up the pace with my blogging and I am open to any new ideas that anyone has for me. I will later on this week give my Meriden Christmas/New Years vacation review as well as finishing off the Deal or No Deal Model Tournament as well as the forgotten (my bad) Anniversary Sandlot Characters. Today I am going to vent like I never have on this blog, and it all has to do with the NFL Playoffs. Enjoy!


"HEY LT, STEP IT UP!" - That's right I said it! Ladainian Tomlinson has been the face of the NFL for the past 5 years, but the last two seasons we have seen him hiding on the sideline with his helmet on or off in the distance with a smirk on his face in the postseason. Umm, LT, you have no "marbles". I do not care how hurt you are, or say you are, you should be on the field! I am so sick of the NFL becoming a premadonna league. It's ok though, I loved watching Darren Sproeles go off on the Colts, he is so much fun to watch. But, LT has to be on the field! Primetime playoff game, against a newly made rival...GET ON THE F'N FIELD!


"HEY NFL, DO SOMETHING!" - The overtime situation is driving me absolutely crazy! Tell me that you wouldn't have loved to see Peyton Manning in overtime on Saturday night try for a winning score, or tying score. I am not saying changing it like college, but change it please! Do something! A playoff game being determined by a flip of a coin is just as outrageous as no playoff system in college football, to me at least. Yea, the Chargers deserved to win that game with the way that they played, but come on, for the Colts not to get a chance to score in overtime really, really sucks to me and not because I lost money on the game either.

"HEY MIKE SCIFRES, WAY TO GO!" - I won't stay all negative! Scifres really showed NFL viewers how valuable a punter can be to a team. With his 60+ yard punts, or kicks inside the 20 yard line, he was easily the most valuable player of the game. Way to go Mike, you definitely made the punting position look good Saturday night! Now DON'T BLOW IT NEXT WEEK AND MAKE ME LOOK BAD!

"HEY BALTIMORE AND MIAMI, THANKS!" - For making the game somewhat exciting in the final quarter because it was awful to watch for the first three. It was a good thing that I drove home from Jacksonville before the game because this game surely would have put me to sleep and made it more difficult to drive after. It was too bad that Chad Pennington played the way he did, because I think that some of us will remember his last game, instead of the season that he had. I really thought that I was watching the Washington Redskins on offense for the entire first three quarters which really made me want to puke. But, at least both teams really picked in up late which made for great entertainment until Pennington's last pick in the final minutes, so thanks!


"HEY COWBOYS, WHERE ARE YOU?" - Thank god they are not around! HAHAHAHA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it the nfl fault that the colts def. didnt stop the chargers

Shorty said...

In the 25 playoff overtimes, the team that won the coin toss actually LOST the game more often than not...13 out of 25 to be exact...the only reason it became a big deal this weekend was due to the fact that the league MVP was left on the sideline with his arms crossed during OT...I wouldn't change anything...the college overtime is a joke...

deez said...

I did say that the chargers deserved to win the game. they did what they were suppose to do. that is a great stat chris. thanks for showing me up as always. but this wasn't a big deal just this weekend, this always happens every time an overtime game occurs in the playoffs. it just so happened that manning was on the sidelines for it. i have always...always been against the overtime rule in the playoffs, but i don't want to be the one to have to find a way to change it.

Shorty said...

I just don't see any better alternative...