Saturday, January 17, 2009

Conference Championship Preview

Gambling Deez is back at it. I only get into it when the college bowl games start up, then when the NFL playoffs get underway it is no holds bar. Safe to say that the 2009 year has gotten off to the same start it did in '08 lousy. I did hit on a 4-team teaser to save myself last week but that is the least of my concerns heading into this weekend. I still have no idea where I am going with my picks this week...none. I am going to take some action I am just so confused on what to do that I might just take every way to bet just so that I can win. This week's games looks to be great if you like lower-seeded teams advancing. Here's a little preview with the way I am going to bet as of right this minute...if I decide to change, it won't be til before game time so I will leave me change on the comments. Enjoy the weekend, because there won't be any football for 2 weeks after Sunday.



Eagles at Cardinals 3:00 Sun

What can I say about this game? I love the fact that the Arizona Cardinals have a chance to make an incredible, historical run to the Super Bowl. Even though they have been the major reason for my decreased wallet size, the Cardinals have become a nice feel good story this playoff season. As for the Eagles well, they are the obvious favorites since they thrashed the red birds on Thanksgiving night in Philly and look like a team that we expected all year. Two things the Cardinals have going for them which is key to them winning on Sunday: 1) MOMENTUM...many of you might not believe in that word but they have that going for them in every aspect of the game. Their run defense has been phenomenal, their pass defense has done it's job, running the ball hasn't been a problem at all, and the fact that Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald happen to be in the zone works to the Cardinals favor. Then you have the Eagles. Fierce, competitive, hungry, experienced, and well coached. How healthy though is Brian Westbrook? Has been a concern since the post season began. He is the ultimate Nutz key to the game! Without him the Eagles will not win...I repeat will not win without a good performance from him. And seriously, all it has to be is a "good" performance. I really don't want to go out and buy an Eagles jersey but...

Eagles 34-27 (-3.5)



Ravens at Steelers 6:30 Sun.

Can you say Gladiators vs. Sparta? Night game, cold weather, and two division rivals mean, what a way to go to the Super Bowl. As you already know the Steelers have already put up two Ws during the regular season against the Ravens but the third game is the most important. The Steelers are healthy...the Ravens are not. The Ravens also haven't had a bye since week 2. Everything points to Pittsburgh's favor, but the Ravens are still the Ravens and I find it hard to believe that this game won't be a close one. My fantasy running back Willie Parker has really bounced back from injury and looks like the Parker of old. And the league's best defensive team, in my opinion, just has to stop the run to come out victorious. Joe Flacco definitely will have his hands full tomorrow and will have to complete some long passes to keep the defense off-balanced so that his offense can stay in the game. The Ravens were the sexy pick last week to upset the #1 seeded Titans but this week I found that everyone is picking against them. Even with Terrell Suggs and Antrol Rolle out I still wouldn't think that the Steelers are a lock for the victory. Remember the Steelers have lost 2 consecutive conference games at home. The line for the game sucks so this is a tough one so I am going with a push...


Steelers 23-17 (-6)

4 comments:

deez said...

eagles and the over
steelers and the under

Shorty said...

Who predicts a push? You wanna be a winner? Follow Shorty's picks and you'd get paid...

23-8 entering Pitt. game...Chea!

deez said...

wow your awesome!

Shorty said...

It's about time you noticed...jeez deez