Thursday, January 8, 2009

BCS Championship


My growing hate for Florida Gator football has been building up so much over such little time, that it is nearing my hatred for UCONN basketball. I think that all my readers know how much I hate UCONN. Tonight's game features two great quarterbacks, two great coaches, and two prestigious programs dueling it out for the (so-called) National Championship. You'd think that looking at tonight's over/under (69.5) that we will have a serious shootout on our hands. Not so fast my friend! My guess for tonight's game is that we will have a serious case of offensive struggling in the 1st half. So if the over does come up, it will be because of a second half shootout. I am very intrigued to see how both Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow play against defenses that have totally different schemes than what they are use to in their respected conferences. I am going to keep this short today, but I really don't know how I am going to handle another Florida Gator BCS Championship. Between newspapers, and local radio talk show it is going to drive me nutz. There is even a station that airs in my neck of the woods on ESPN radio called, "The Gator Connection". In which all they ever talk about is Gator football, recruits, underclassmen, red-shirts, you name it they will find a way to talk about it for an hour everyday. Well, let's get right to my pick for tonight's game. At the beginning of the season my BCS Bowl predictions were somewhat off (3 correct), but one of them are playing in tonight's game and I also picked them at the beginning of the season to be the National Champs so I am sticking to it.



OKLAHOMA +6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your love for calhoun shines through in your writing...it seems deep down somewhere you don't like to talk about... you bleed tate george!