Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let's Go Bowling!


Before I head up north for my trip to the NorthEast where ugly, ugly weather awaits my return I wanted to give a post of my Bowl Game Predictions. Although I am anxiously waiting my plane flight to get back to the city of brotherly love (Chad and Mif), I am not at all looking forward to looking at the white stuff on the ground, or the cold air (it has been 76-80 degrees here all week). I will probably find no trouble to keep up the blogging while I am there since I will probably never want to leave the house so I can freeze my ass off. Here are all the bowls with my predictions and maybe a comment or two. Enjoy, and I will be seeing most of you soon! Winners in red losers in blue


EAGLEBANK BOWL

WAKE FOREST 32 NAVY 21

NEW MEXICO BOWL

COLORADO STATE 20 FRESNO STATE 21

MAGICJACK ST. PETE BOWL

MEMPHIS 16 SOUTH FLORIDA 41

PIONEER LAS VEGAS BOWL

BYU 31 ARIZONA 24

R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL

SOUTHERN MISS 14 TROY 24

POINSETTIA BOWL

BOISE STATE 45 TCU 34

One of the better bowl games! Undefeated Boise State should be playing on New Years Day instead they are stuck playing on December 23rd! Expect lots of points early.

SHERATON HAWAII BOWL

HAWAII 17 NOTRE DAME 28

The Irish come through with a victory just so we don't have to discuss Charlie Weis' future for 7 months.

MOTOR CITY BOWL

FLORIDA ATLANTIC 27 CENTRAL MICH 34

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL

WEST VIRGINIA 41 NORTH CAROLINA 34

CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL

WISCONSIN 24 FLORIDA STATE 20

This game will prove early on that the Big Ten was much better than the ACC this season.

EMERALD BOWL

MIAMI 17 CAL 27

This game as well!

INDEPENDENCE BOWL

NORTHERN ILLINOIS 24 LOUISANA TECH 27

PAPAJOHNS.COM BOWL

N.C. STATE 20 RUTGERS 17

ALAMO BOWL

MISSOURI 35 NORTHWESTERN 20

Chase Daniels final game with zero conference titles, this is a no brainer!

HUMANITARIAN BOWL

MARYLAND 24 NEVADA 20

HOLIDAY BOWL

OKLAHOMA ST 27 OREGON 31

This December 30th matchup is very intriguing, I see an the Ducks pulling it out though.

TEXAS BOWL

RICE 14 WESTERN MICHIGAN 31

ARMED FORCES BOWL

HOUSTON 31 AIR FORCE 34

BRUT SUN BOWL

OREGON STATE 17 PITTSBURGH 21

This game could go either way.

MUSIC CITY BOWL

BOSTON COLLEGE 20 VANDERBILT 24

Upset special, but not really.

INSIGHT BOWL

KANSAS 31 MINNESOTA 17

CHICK-FIL-A BOWL

LSU 41 GEORGIA TECH 20

LSU is very pissed off, watch out Yellowjackets!

OUTBACK BOWL

SOUTH CAROLINA 38 IOWA 21

First game of 2009, good thing we will get to sleep a little later. Because this one will be ugly!

CAPITAL ONE BOWL

GEORGIA 34 MICHIGAN ST 24

I had free tickets to this game but I decided to spend my time in snowy Meriden instead of being drunk in warm Orlando.

GATOR BOWL

CLEMSON 28 NEBRASKA 27

ROSE BOWL

PENN STATE 27 USC 24

If you go back in time, and look at my bowl predictions at the beginning of the college football season, you will see that I correctly picked this game. So I am going to go with my heart instead of my head since I will be putting my fanhood on the line in front of my boys during this game.

ORANGE BOWL

CINCINNATI 17 VIRGINIA TECH 31

The match ups are in line to be a close one, but I really feel that the Hokies have been playing way to well as of late to lose to the 'cats.

COTTON BOWL

MISSISSIPPI ST 20 TEXAS TECH 41

How screwed over has the Tech team been lately. Lost a chance at the title, no shot at the conference title, then invitation of Heisman candidate voided. Will be proving a lot in this game.

LIBERTY BOWL

KENTUCKY 21 EAST CAROLINA 24

I absolutely love this game, too bad nobody else does!

SUGAR BOWL

UTAH 14 ALABAMA 34

Do the Utes have any chance against the Crimson Tide. Well, they do but it is very slim.

INTERNATIONAL BOWL

BUFFALO 27 UCONN 21

Just because!

FIESTA BOWL

OHIO STATE 27 TEXAS 44

I thought that the Buckeyes had a chance to get to the title game this year and I was wrong. They don't even deserve to be in a BCS game!

GMAC BOWL

TULSA 17 BALL STATE 34

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

FLORIDA 27 OKLAHOMA 34

I picked Oklahoma to win it all at the beginning of the season and I am sticking to it. This has taken for ever so I am cutting it short. See you this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BC hasn't lost a bowl game in about 10 years....and your going to vandy to beat them. Not so fast my friend.

Anonymous said...

dont be a wus deez u were born for this weather! u r a canadien for goodness sake! lol

Pitbull said...

I think they should have the "Shitty Team Bowl" with the Michigan Woverines facing off against the Orangemen of Syracuse. That will be a game to cheer for. They can play at "The Rent" this weekend and the only stipulation of the game is that the fans have to blow atleast a .10 into the alcohol breathilizers and cheer for a tie.