Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I have been too silent


Usually baseball season lasts longer for me, but I am so disgusted with the play of the Seattle Mariners and now the folding of the Red Sox that football season has come earlier than usually for me. I had such a good weekend watching sports and did a lot of lounging around watching movies and a tv show that has been out for a while and finally came to terms and started watching it that I would love to share it all with you today.

Though I am the curse of everything, my football weekend couldn't go any better! Michigan crushed the Irish for there first win and now are playing ranked Penn State this weekend with some momentum on their shoulders. My fantasy football team, even though were driving me crazy all day, pulled out their first win of the year over my arch-rival Shorty's Squad, with the help from Marion Barber and Willie Parker. And finally, the Washington Redskins have started the season 2-0, and I know that I shouldn't say this being a curse and all but man did Jason Campbell and their defense look good against McNabb and the Eagles. So that went well.

Also, watched two great movies in Blades of Glory and Zodiac. Will Ferrell impressed me once again even though at times of the movie it got very stupid some of the scenes were totally outrageous. And Zodiac, which I new nothing about just heard great things about it, was absolutely amazing. I recommend everyone to watch this movie based on facts that happened more than 30 years ago, that is all that I will tell you.

Many of you might know that when I was living in Connecticut I didn't get into many tv programs because I was too busy working like an idiot. So my brother has the first two seasons of The Office on dvd and just purchased the third which I have yet too see. That show is absolutely hysterical. I wish that the episodes were longer I must say but seeing Dwight's face has me in tears and the writers of this show are amazing.

Finally, episode three of The Contender was on last night and I must say I am not impressed with this season. I really can't wait to see this Paul Smith fight because he seems to be really bad-ass but other than that I am not thrilled with the show so far. The first two fights were ok at best, it seems to me that these fighters aren't in as good of shape as the past two season's contestants. Well, I am hoping for a continuation of fortune this coming weekend as I am going back to reality today working for a screwed up city in rainy Florida!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a Jason Campbell FATHEAD.