Thursday, September 27, 2007

How the National League was won!


One word, incredible! With four games left in the season the wild card and divisional winners have yet to be decided. At the All-Star break I gave what I thought would be the final winners at the end of the year. To remind, my divisional winners were the Mets, Brewers, and Padres with the Phillies finishing with the wild card. With all of these teams still in contention, it is possible that I get all of these picks wrong. I really love what is going on with the NL, we have 7 teams fighting for 4 playoff spots. The Colorado Rockies have been the big, no huge surprise down the stretch being the only team that looks like they want to move on winning 10 straight. I new that the Philadelphia Phillies would be here at the final stretch, and with the Mets playing like dirt especially in the closing innings, I like the Phillies to keep the momentum and move on with the division title. Who really knows what is going to finish out with the central division, both Chicago and Milwaukee have been going back and forth and winning the division title is there only shot at moving on, I have to back out on the Brewers and go with the Cubbies. This west race is going to be awesome with the currently first-place Diamondbacks facing the Rockies in the final series of the year. The Padres are going to have it tough as well with going to Milwaukee for their series finale. This is tough, but I am going to change my picks again and go with the Diamondbacks to win the division, and the Padres to eek out the Wild Card from the Mets. Sorry, Adam but the Mets just having really wanted it the past couple of weeks. Enjoy the finish!!!

3 comments:

Shorty said...

This should be a fun weekend in baseball

Anonymous said...

Deez,
Don't forget last year the Cards backed into the playoffs and ended up winning the World Series. Although I think the Mets are slowly dying and Phillies are gonna win the east, I think they'll still get in. The Padres can't win with just Peavy. Young has been inconsistent. I'm saying its going to be Phillies-Yankees World Series in a 7 game shoot out. Or a miraculous recovery by the 97 year old Randy Johnson to carry the D-backs over the bloody sock.Or maybe my boy Bud will just cancel the Series saying that he doesn't want to diminish the great year that has come with many teams trying REAL hard to make the playoffs.-Pitbull

Shorty said...

Desmond! Check out this picture...

http://thebiglead.com/?p=3274