Friday, October 17, 2008

What 2 Watch This Weekend



FRIDAY


MOVIE NIGHT - Some of us have to get up at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow so I am sort of glad that I can get to bed early without any regrets like this morning. That's right, went to bed in the 7th inning, before the Red Sox batted. So tonight will be a pretty laid back night, I suggest Forrest Gump on HBO tonight. Or if your like me and are a customer of Netflix watch that movie tonight so that you can still mail it out tomorrow.


SATURDAY

MICHIGAN VS. PENN STATE - WOW! "My" Penn State will be looking to end a nine-game skid to Michigan when the Wolverines visit Happy Valley. The teams are heading in opposite directions: PSU is unblemished with an average margin of victory of 34 points; Michigan is struggling under Rich Rodriguez, losing to Toledo last week. After I took an exam this week that was 21% of my final grade and finished with a score of 100% (yea...it shocked me as well) I was so excited and instead of going to the bar I went to collegegear.com and purchased some Penn State gear. Honestly, for all my buddies back north...how can I not?

VANDERBILT VS. GEORGIA - The SEC streak stays alive on my What 2 Watch This Weekend posts. Vanderbilt has been shocking the SEC but they run into an angry group of Bulldogs with title hopes still on their minds. Vanderbilt looks to spark the offense with back up Mackenzi Adams taking over at QB. I really don't expect this to be a close game but who am I. I just wrote on my blog that I, a Michigan fan am buying Penn State gear.

MISSOURI VS. TEXAS - Another week, another Big 12 showdown for Texas. After defeating No. 1 Oklahoma last week, the Longhorns host Missouri. Horns QB Colt McCoy was rock-solid in beating the Sooners, while Mizzou QB Chase Daniel struggled to his worst game of the season versus Oklahoma State. The Longhorns have won the past four meetings by an average of 23.0 points. I told you in my Weekend Review that there is an upset brewing and I am sticking with it Mizzou 41 Texas 35.

RED SOX VS. RAYS - Even my brother didn't stay up for the game! Is a comeback again coming in October for the Red Sox. Remember way back before the 2004 season when the team in pinstripes had that magic in the month of October? Have the Sox since then owned that magic? First it was the Yanks in '04, then the Indians in '07, now could it be possible that the Rays are next to be wishing what could have been. The Red Sox have Josh Beckett and Jon Lester the final two games. You gotta like the Sox chances if Beckett pitches a gem Saturday night. Didn't I say in my preview, I wonder how the Rays young bullpen will be able to handle the pressure? Just checking!


SUNDAY

MINNESOTA VS. CHICAGO - For my Chicago Bears fans up north...your team should be 6-0! If you take away about 2 minutes between three games that is exactly what the record for the Bears would be. Is this team for real? Adrian Peterson ran all over the Bears defense last season and the passing game as of late with Gus Ferrotte at the helm (ugh) doesn't look half bad. Berrard Berrian is coming back to Chicago this week after running for the money in Minnesota this past off season. This should bring plenty of boos in the stands but hopefully for my fantasy team plenty of end zone appearances.

NEW ORLEANS VS. CAROLINA - Big, big match up in the NFC South. Carolina, was leading the division before they stumbled in Tampa and now face a dangerous Saints offense. With the great play of the Atlanta Falcons this division has really grown my interest. It may not be the best division but it is definitely the most interesting. As long as the Saints defense can keep them in games they shouldn't have any problem winning. Oh yea, and they could use a kicker as well.

INDIANAPOLIS VS. GREEN BAY - This is really another important game for the Colts. They are facing Tennessee, New England, and Pittsburgh in their upcoming games, while the Packers could afford to lose this game but they really need it to put pressure on the rest of the division. Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning seem to be back to their old ways which will have any defensive coordinator scratching his head in the film room.


MUST WATCH GAME OF THE WEEK




PAVLIK VS. HOPKINS - Undefeated middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik, 26, has knocked out 30 of the 34 fighters he has faced. The 43-year-old Bernard Hopkins has never been KO'd in his 20 year career. Living down in Florida now with the way the economy is, I will rarely pay for a fight now. We will usually head to a sports bar in Daytona who had all the pay-per-view matches which includes UFC. But, this weekend is BIKETOBERFEST! So will I see the fight, I really couldn't tell you. I have neen waiting for this fight since it was announced and I recently got my buddy really into Pavlik. We will definitely be down in Daytona this weekend and hopefully some dive-bikerbar will have the fight. Any way I know that all my boys will be watching this Saturday night with one of them sitting ringside. Emanuel Stewart aka Pablo!

No comments: