Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend Review


Another great weekend of sports was on the tube, and I missed most of it!


Saturday night, the Red Sox and Rays were on, as well as Texas vs. Missouri and the Kelly Pavlik/Bernard Hopkins fight. And I basically missed all these great events to be apart of Biketoberfest 2008 in Daytona. Walking down Main Street in Daytona was something like I have never seen before. So much T & A, great looking bikes, and tons and tons of people. And I am sure most of my readers are saying, "Didn't you feel out of place?" Not at all. Yea, there were a ton of hard core bikers their on the side of the road enjoying the sites. But, they are all harmless. Just don't cross them! So we hit some awesome dive bar that had no games on the televisions which meant one thing, the games were already over. And of course, they didn't have the fight on because it was pay-per-view. So I missed the sporting events Saturday night but what an experience it was to enjoy in Daytona.


During the afternoon though it was all about college football. And my game of the day included a team I have cheered for my entire life and a team I am have ties to. My brother, who went to the Capitol One Bowl on New Years, will admit he has always routed against Michigan except for that game. So, when I posted on my blog last week that I have started buying Penn State gear, basically telling the world of my loyalty to my school and Michigan was winning the game in the 1st quarter, of course my brother was routing for Michigan. I was lost for words. Of course, Penn State dominated the lesser Wolverines in the second half, but the first half just showed what kind of bad luck I have on the teams I rout for. This weekend, a buddy of mine, who is the high school baseball coach in my town is a huge Ohio State fan, yes bigger than you Shorty. Being from Ohio and now knowing that I am a student of Penn State he said that we have to get together for the game, with some Buckeye buddies. So this weekend my fanhood for the Nittany Lions will be on display for the first time. I don't like our chances!


It didn't look pretty but the Washington Redskins pulled out another game and have brought their record to 5-2. They have the another team they should beat this weekend in the Detroit Lions. I want to see them pummel them to the ground, not giving any chance of an upset.


YES! Las Vegas lost some money this weekend when I won on my future bet that I place the first week of May, picking the Tampa Bay Rays to win the American League Pennant at 25-1. They are now 7-5 favorites against the Phillies not quite the odds in Vegas but I think if you want to win do not bet against the Rays ever again.


My fantasy football team could of have a very miserable defeat, a historic victory, or what ended up happening a tie. I guess that I could be upset with a tie because after this week my team still is in last place in my division at 3-3-1, but I am only .5 game out. And, sorry cousin Adam, my team was down 17 points with only kicker Stephen Gostkowski left to play. That's right he put up 17 fantasy points for me, it could have been a lot more if the Denver defense made some stops but it was not meant to be and I will take the tie. This week I face reader of this blog, and coach of the Meriden Raiders Mif. He team, though hated on at the beginning of the year, is very very dangerous.

No comments: