Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random Thoughts Today


Went to the gym today and tried to work out the kinks for my first match of my tennis season, and I am still sore! A ton of things I would like to get to today so let's get right to it.


Even I can be wrong once in a while. The Phillies dominated the Dodgers in 5 games in a "ho-hum" series which I thought would be a lot closer. This team is for real! Now, they can wait and rest Cole Hamels til Wednesday and have their pitchers set for the World Series. Watching their batters in the NLCS really impressed me, and it looks to me that the city of Philadelphia will be anxiously awaiting their club's first home game next Sunday night. My only question is that this lay off until the World Series for them is ridiculous, hope that they can stay sharp.


LET'S GO RAYS! One game closer to being a big winner of Las Vega money in the great Sunshine State. Just how good are the Rays? Good enough that they were down one game, and even though people wrote them off (including myself), they come back with the power stroke that kept them going all year. Now, after winning the last three games, two in Boston, they have a chance tonight to get to a place that was highly unlikely at the start of this season. The Rays organization have been waiting for this team for years. All the hard work in the minors, trades, development, and of course drafting the right guys has finally paid off for a franchise that has been in the basement of the AL East since their existence. Now, this series isn't over yet! Boston has shown that they can come back. But, that was a different team and they are playing a different team. These are the young Rays that have Ray-hawks, even there coach rocks a Ray-hawk.


Still not over the Redskins loss this past weekend!


My fantasy football team came from behind and pulled away with a 3 point victory this past weekend and looking to improve on my 3-3 record this week. Looking at the overall standings on my league's website showed that my squad, though last in my division, owns the 5th highest point total in the league. This is what I deal with in fantasy football! Last week I saw my team go down early to a terrible team that started Chad Pennington, who put up 66 points against me. So it was safe to say that I wasn't in a very good mood for the 1 o'clock games. But, my squad behind Bernard Berrian and Drew Brees roared back! This week I face my cousin, Adam, who has the worst record in the league but has just made some serious trades to change around his squad. I like my chances this week, but this is me, in fantasy football, and he owns 2 players playing Monday night where all I have is my kicker. I hate these weeks!


Finally, if you have been watching ESPN this week or listened to any talk radio, you probably heard about the college senior offensive lineman at Division II Mesa State College that cut off his right pinkie, after severely dislocating it. Before anyone puts in their opinion on the matter people should know that this "big" kid hasn't missed a game in his entire football career. This dates back to his Pop Warner days in 4th grade, up through high school, then for four years at Mesa State. He loves each and everyone of his teammates like they were his brothers, he would do anything for them and being on the football field on Saturdays, no matter what is going on in his life, is where he always feels at peace. So when the surgeon told him that his recovery time after surgery would be 6 months. With Mesa State undefeated in the conference and his career definitely coming to a terrible end he told the surgeon straight up, "Cut it off!". Who are we to question? When you get older all you have left when your sports career is over are the memories. So if you think that he is going to regret it, he'll tell you...

"If I had left it on, I know I would've regretted that the rest of my life."

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Go into your dashboard and set up the 'Whose Blog Am I Following' thing...