Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend Review


This past weekend in sports was very, very entertaining on the television (pending if your team won or lost). For those of you loyal readers, my school work is going very well right now after a terrible first exam a few weeks ago. I am starting to get use to the work due each week along with the work schedule that I am keeping up. Let's get right to my weekend review before I have to go to work and miss most of October baseball tonight.

I gotta start off with my team's terrible loss this weekend. The Washington Redskins looked awful! Even with the lead at the end of the 4th quarter they had no right coming close to win that game. After posting no turnovers in their first 5 games, the Redskins had two costly ones that both ended up in points for the winless Rams. Luckily for the 'skins, the Giants and Cowboys both lost, but the Cowboys lost more than a game on Sunday. They could end up losing 5 key players on their roster for the next couple of weeks if the NFL comes down hard again on Adam Jones. But, back to the Redskins...they better start getting the ball to Santana Moss, because they have been very successful this year when doing this. Plus, I just traded for him on my team!

I never would have expected both home teams to lose last night in the MLB League Championship Series. I didn't give the road teams a chance last night. But, again the Rays prove to us to keep doubting them and they will step it up a notch. Unbelievable how this team does it! The coaching in the Dodger/Phillies game was probably the first time I very questioned Joe Torre in my lifetime. When Derek Lowe, who had 74 pitches, didn't come out in the 6th inning I was like, wow! It was way too early for me. This is the thing, I have no problem giving the ball to Lowe after 3 days rest. But, in doing so, he has to be pitching to quite possibly pitch an entire game. There is no way I am going to throw a guy out their to just give me 70-something pitches. On top of that one of their better bullpen guys (of the few) Cory Wade had 33 pitches the night before. Every baseball guy knows that unless your Mariano Rivera, a guy who throws that much the night before never, ever pitches well the following day. And now the Dodgers will be facing elimination the rest of the series.

For the forth time this season we have a new #1 team in college football. Texas beat Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon (why was this game at noon by the way), and took control of the #1 ranking over Alabama who had a bye week. I am calling it right here and now, Texas will lose to Missouri this Saturday to mix things up more at the top of the AP polls.

Finally, my brother and I have been looking for something to keep us active during the fall and winter since the snow birds are coming down and that means golf prices going up. Plus, Tim shot an 83 the last time we went golfing, which included an eagle on a par 5. That's right Tim had an eagle! That same day I had the worst round of my life, so we couldn't pick a better time to try something different than now. Well, yesterday we went and bought tennis rackets and tennis balls and decided to give this sport and chance. I am in absolute pain today, but I defeated the multi-talented Timothy 4-6, 6-1, 6-4, 6-2 to earn the first victory of the tennis season. Look out Roger Federer!

2 comments:

Shorty said...

you played four sets? what are you Nutz? I would have had an instant heart-attack...

deez said...

if i didn't win the 4th i would have gave him the 5th. my feet and chest and legs were on fire!!!