Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Random Thoughts Today

Been pretty busy this past weekend, not only have I been so caught up with the Olympics but my brother has come back to the sunshine state so me and him hitting the links when he got back was a must. I have been really working on something that hopefully will finally work out for me long term, so without further ado let's get to my exciting new news with some other random thoughts today.


After some serious thought on my career in the landscaping field, and wanting to further myself in this career I decided to better myself with some education. So I am back at it with college and I have been accepted by Penn State University to take their online courses and ultimately end up with a certificate in Golf and Turf Management. As most of my readers know, I am a huge Michigan Wolverine fan and even though I am thrilled with being accepted and I can now call myself a Nittany Lion...there is no way in hell that I will be turning over my blue and gold any time soon. Getting a certificate in this field was the right thing for me to do. I love what I am doing and the city that I am working for will pay for most or all of the courses that I pass. So this was really a no brainer in my book. Also, getting a certificate in Golf and Turf Management also allows me to earn credits for a Bachelor's Degree in this field as well, when the time comes for it. My goal is to finish this certificate by the time my city finishes their new golf course, it's third, and hopefully move on to better courses or ball fields. Wish me luck!


This 2008 Olympics have been incredible to watch! I find myself sleeping a lot less since it started, but I will put up with it for another week and a half because I don't want to miss a thing. I go to bed late and wake up early just so I don't miss anything. Michael Phelps is a phenomenal athlete and has really brought in the United States to watch his every move. One question that really baffles me is when I found out that the Olympic committee didn't invite Mark Spitz, who holds the record for 7 golds in one Olympics to at least be there if, I mean when Phelps ties and breaks his record. How awesome would have it been if Spitz was the one to give Phelps his 7th gold?




I find this next topic very disturbing. The Spain basketball team in a team picture (above) posed while making slit-eyed gestures. As much as we as Americans make fun of the Asians for whatever reason, would our team ever....ever do something like this? This was a very classless act, and I hope that David Stern does something to the NBA players that is on the Spain team a nice suspension. This was very uncalled for no matter what reason the team says that they did it. If the United States team did this I would not be surprised if the Olympic committee kicked them out of the Olympics, so in my opinion the Spain team should.


You heard it here first. If the Tampa Bay Rays make the playoffs they will go to the World Series. After injuries to their starters, Evan Longoria and Carl Crawford were huge, huge blows. This was the main reason why they should have gotten a bat before the trade deadline. Now, at least they have a chance to get hometown Little League hero Gary Sheffield who has been put on waivers from the Tigers. Am I the only one that is really disturbed that Major League Baseball still has the waiver wire thing?


Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go and waste your time seeing Pineapple Express. I am still pissed my brother recommended to go see it. If I was able to finish my bag of popcorn in the first half hour of the movie I would have walked out. I started to fall asleep and I found that the only funny parts were the only ones to make the previews on television. Maybe if I smoked weed before the movie it would have been better but I really tend to doubt it.

Finally, the Little League World Series starts this weekend and I am thrilled as always. What is great is that a Connecticut team (Shelton) and a Florida team (Tampa) made it to Williamsport. Both have great stories with the Shelton team just missing the LL Series a year ago and the Tampa team made it by having only a five team Little League with only 60 kids participating. At some point in my lifetime I have to go to Williamsport, hopefully as a coach!

No comments: