Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Best and The Worst

Finally back at it on the blog and will continue my best and the worst sleeper fantasy football players this season. I hope that I will get this finished before this weekend when all the drafts should be done. Without further delay, let's get right to it.

WIDE RECEIVERS



Absolutely the toughest position to judge in my opinion on draft day. Once you get through the top 10 receivers which in my rankings include: Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Reggie Wayne, Braylon Edwards, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. After this list you are taking a chance of a fall or making it far in your league this season.



BEST



1. WES WELKER - 112 catches last season with 8 touchdowns surprising could be better this season. His speed and having a player like Randy Moss on your team will get you more throws. This was pretty much an easy call.

2. TORRY HOLT - A homer call because I have him on my team this year, but I really don't understand why he is getting slept on this season. 7 TDs and close to 1200 yards without Marc Bulger, pretty impressive.

3. BRANDON MARSHALL - After the 3 game suspension he will be a top 10 receiver, you can bet on that!

4. CALVIN JOHNSON - For whatever reason I really seem to think that the Detroit Lions is going to have a great season, and Johnson will be a big factor why.

5. JERRICHO COTCHERY - With the addition of Brett Favre we all know how he loves to throw the ball down field. Cotchery should really benefit.


WORST


1. DERRICK MASON - Baltimore will be juggling quarterbacks all season which will cause frustration in the offense and Mason stats to plummet. At 34, he will be losing catches to the likes of younger players looking to prove themselves this year.

2. VINCENT JACKSON - I have no idea why but this guy is getting drafted way to early in the drafts I have been in so far. With Chris Chambers and Antonio Gates on the same field he will see less amount of touches than usual.

3. SIDNEY RICE - Another one getting drafted high in my drafts thus far. Even over teammate Bernard Berrian. Why, I think people like his speed, but personally he will bust this season.

4. ISAAC BRUCE - Has always been a class act in the NFL but unfortunately his career is winding down. Don't expect more than 3 touchdowns this season as a 49er.

5. DWAYNE BOWE - I really like this kid a lot but his team has many concerns this season. Two that concern me, a shaky offensive line and a quarterback I am not sold on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isaac Bruce---3 Td's...you must be talking about week 1 alone...niners are going run-n-gun this year...10-6 record...
-I hate you and jimmy rollins!!!!