Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Review

What a weekend!? It was cold everywhere...yes even here in Florida! But for me, for once everything worked out. I was sick all week and catching up on school work was not fun at all. Luckily for me I have an off week, so I can catch up on some needed blogging. And Thanksgiving Week couldn't start any better this past weekend. Here's a look at how I fared with my teams this past weekend.



PENN STATE - The Nittany Lions are in their first Rose Bowl since 1995. Is it because of the luck of their newly enrolled student? I think so! With 81-year-old coach Joe Paterno having successful hip surgery on Sunday, after the game Saturday he announced that he will return for another season. I got to tell you, I was thoroughly shocked of the score in the game! After leaving in the before the half to go see my uncle in the hospital, I was pretty sure that the score would be close when I get back. But it surely wasn't! Quarterback Daryll Clark threw for career highs with 4 scores and 341 yards passing. Their defense held star Spartan running back Javon Ringer to a season-low 42 yards. JoePa will return to his coaching duties on December 1st when students come back from Thanksgiving break. It looks like they will be facing Oregon State in the Rose Bowl, but this is college football anything can happen this time of year, of course if your not in the Big Ten.
WASHINGTON - It wasn't pretty in the least, but the Redskins pulled off a victory in Seattle by the narrow score of 20-17. Honestly if the Redskins keep winning and get to the playoffs, how can you not vote Clinton Portis NFL MVP? If it wasn't for this guy, the 'skins would surely find themselves in the bottom of the NFC East, and looking to rebuild for next season. Time after time this season he has played hurt and absolutely carried them to victories with his power running and desire to get that extra yard. Their was a time when I hated that the Redskins traded defensive back Champ Bailey to the Broncos for Portis, but that has truly changed now. He is the biggest piece to the Redskins offensive attack, he has been breaking rushing records along the way and putting himself as one of the best backs of our time. The Redskins will be honoring his friend, the late Sean Taylor on Sunday before the New York Giants game, marking a year since his tragic death. Taylor being inducted to the Redskins "Ring of Honor", is the ultimate honor a Redskin can have. I am sure that it will be very emotional when the Taylor family get announced before the game, hopefully his will spark a victory, but against the Giants they will definitely need all the help they can get.





DEEZ BOYZ - Fantasy football makes you turn into someone you don't like, just act The Toe. He can't stand me on Sundays! It's like I have a bipolar disorder, where I would be swearing at the television one minute, then cheering like an idiot one play later. This week my fantasy football team is in the final weeks of the regular season and these last weeks are against my division opponents, which means rivalry games and my division is like the NFC East with 4 teams combining for 26 wins. This week I played my arch rival The Rick, who I defeated week 1 because of a Tom Brady injury, so I was worried from the start when the games started at 1:00. My team sucked on Sunday! They were terrible, and I was not happy in the least. Even with 3 players going in the Monday Night game, I gave my team no shot at winning this week being down 78 points and was trying to figure out what to do for next year. Then in steps Drew Brees! Brees continued my magical fantasy season pouring out 96 points against a great defensive secondary in the Packers. The victory this week got me closer to the playoffs for the second consecutive season, somewhere I have never seen when I was living in Connecticut. I face my bitter rival and writer of Badchoicemilk who's Shorty's Squad will have a couple of studs going right off the back on Thanksgiving Day in Tony Romo and Anquan Boldin. A victory this week will be huge, but again it might drive me into the insane asylum.

No comments: